• Women being motherly

As we all know that the first teacher of our life is our mothers. Our mother is also a woman. Thus woman can make better teachers than men.The women teachers in our whole life who are actually a teacher, by profession, all of them have a motherly touch. They are really like our mothers

• Women are more helpful

Yes, I'm agree that women are better teacher than man. Because there are so many reasons such as they are better at listening to the children.
    Women are helpful with student to grow up, to teach with the ability to understand to children and they need. They are more caring about children However, The women have the responsibility to care her kids so she could be better, but mere they are more better with other job than women .
    Thankyou,,,

• Women are more helpful

Thankyou,,,

• Women are Caring

Women are just chemically formed to be a mother figure, they are better at listening the are kind. Women should have more power in education. Women can nurture children. Women have children of their own, they know how to deal with them, women understand a child because they make children.

• Its a tie

They both have patience and they both put up with a lot of thing but men the most . See cause the men they work with the child . But the women if they have kids they might be tired in the morning and then when they come to school they do not want to put up with the other kids. But men who have kids hardly have to get up and watch the kids.

• Females are better teachers

Women are better teachers because they have the ability to be more structure and organized with setting rules in a classroom. Men are energetic and have the ability to interact with children and keep them going but do not have the patience to be more structure with their planning. I have worked with both male and females and men tend to do things the easy way. They are not born to be organized and structured with rules and boundaries. They need to set limits with rules and be consistent with what they need to do.

• Women are more patient

Both men and women can be good teachers. Overall, women tend to be more patient than men and more able to deal with different types of students. In elementary education, women tend to be able to project energy combined with structure for their students which makes them effective when dealing with younger kids. For the most part, women are more empathetic and are better listeners which can make them better teachers.

• They are less strict

Male teachers often employ more brutal methods in their teaching. A good example is the make your mistakes and learn strategy which exposes the learner to untold hardship. On the other hand, women because of their love and care cannot afford to allow her students to maje silly mistakes that she can actually help them with.

• Because they know exactly how to deal with a child

Woman bear some pain and then see a child smile. I mean, woman have some love and affection towards a child as they themselves are mothers. They know how to deal with a child and what a child thinks of. They have more of patience, at an average also.
    A woman, with patience can tolerate more of naughtiness of a child. They can view a child, with care and affection. They know how to handle a child's emotions and thus I believe, women are better teachers than men.

• Women Are Genetically Programmed To Be More Caring

It's genetically installed in Man (also animals) to love & respect a women more than a man. From the time of birth, the mother feeds & comforts us her new embryo which the child grows up with a subconscious tenderness for the women specie. We love those who gratifies our instincts which is mainly the women. So a women teacher would be genetically better to teach!

• Men make better teachers

It is my experience that male teachers are impartial when it comes to judge a pupil. Whereas I have see the grading given by Women teachers in many a case get influenced by their friendship or their liking of the mother of the child. In case a mother of any student is a good friend of the female teacher then her approach towards the kid will be special whereas such attitude could not be seen from a male teacher. It is also true that female teacher never goes beyond the text books to teach anything new whereas the male teacher bring new issues/concepts in to the minds of students.

• Teacher's gender DOES matter!

Children view male teacher as a figure of authority, a role model, and a father figure - and this makes a big difference. Professional skills held equal, a male teacher would invariably be more successful that a female, the key is the way the children see the teacher, it is simply human nature.

• This is ridiculous

How can simply being a certain gender affect how you teach? It's the individual. Just because you are a man, it doesn't mean that you are automatically not qualified as a teacher.I've had both male and female teachers and have seen little difference. Besides, we need male teachers out there to make sure that we know that both genders will be there in the workplace, and that both are competent workers, especially since we look up to teachers.

• No.

They both teach the same material, why would one gender be better than the other at it? I have had great male and female teachers, as well as bad male and female teachers. It does not matter what the teacher's gender is, both genders can make excellent teachers. It just depends on the person.

• Well that's kind of broad.......

NO. I'm a middle school student and in my educational career I've had wonderful male and female teachers! My English teacher rocks, and he's a man, but my History teacher is also awesome, she a woman. It depends, but to say that one sex is better than another at teaching is stupid.

• Male or female doesn't matter

When it comes to teaching I do not believe it matters if the teacher is a man or woman, all that matters is if they are understanding and easy to work with. Some women are great at helping others and teaching new things as are some men. Some women however do not have the patience to work with someone and teach them new tasks. It's unfair to say in general that women are better teachers than men because it depends on each individual not the sex as a whole.

Posted by: jus
  • No way!

In todays age I feel that both men and women both make good teachers. Back when I was a student I had great teachers of both sexes. I also had not so good teachers of both sexes. Its what each teacher wants to make of themselves. I think they are both equal.

• It's Job, not Gender, performance.

Gender doesn't have to do with becoming an excellent teacher. Both sexes have different approaches and styles in teaching. It is a matter of performing the profession. If the teacher is passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated with the job, then everything will turn to have more pleasing results. Gender wont really determine a person's capabilities in becoming a good educator.

OrlandoPistan/Philippines/2013

• Male teachers simply have better attitudes.

In general, they are more laid back and not as nit-picky about useless minute details. Male teachers create a more open atmosphere in the classroom and students feel more comfortable. Male teachers also generally grade very methodically and fairly, where women teachers often grade emotionally and pick favorites. Women teachers expect students to be quiet and perfect, men have been rowdy themselves and know this is not the way it works. Men make better teachers.

• Patience teacher's mantra

According to me teacher's should be able to listen to the child. This may also help the child to ask more questions to that teacher. The teacher should make the concept clear for a child. Teacher's are the one who can understand a child better than his or her parents. A teacher who has good attitude towards the child and i think that this could be better understood by a male teacher.

TheInterlang says2013-09-25T22:00:08.403
Depends. A high-school teacher should be a male, since males (generally) have more knowledge, but in the lower grades, they should be female.
LilyM says2015-04-22T01:11:12.110
Personality matters a lot more. Men can teach lower grades and women can teach higher grades. I've had awesome male and female teachers as well as horrible male and female teachers in both higher and lower grades.