• Yes, women do have it harder.

Men don't have to worry about getting ready in the morning or worrying about when you're going to get your period. Women have children to take care of plus might also have jobs in order to afford food and shelter for their kids. Yes men also work but they obviously don't have to breast feed, take care of the kids when they're "gone", and they don't have to cook because according to the whole world women have to "clean" and "cook" every single day for their husbands knowing they also have extra side jobs. Yes women do have it harder than men.

• Yes, Women Do Work Harder

Women, due to societal and community-based factors work harder than men. This is due to the fact that many women have full-time or part-time employment outside of the home, and then they come home and do more of the house work than their male counterparts. Women often work all day and then have to do a "second shift" which involves raising the children, cooking meals, and doing most of the chores in the home.

• Yes, many feel they have to prove themselves.

Although I don't agree, there are more men in prestigious and influential positions than women. As a journalism student, I have studied women oppression in the world. This oppression has driven women to work harder- in many cases, not all- than men. The idea "work like a man" is insulting, and yet, is still told to girls and women everyday.

• Women Work as Hard as Men

Though women don't necessarily work harder than men, many times they are more dedicated to the performance of the position. Women tend to take more pride in the outcome of what they do. Most women will go out of their way to meet proffection where as men are not dedicated to that way of thinking.

• My experience says a definite YES

Men may work well at their jobs, ( as do women ); but a 'physical' job DOES NOT MEAN IT'S A HARDER JOB. The more responsibility a person has in a job is what defines a 'harder job'. Where women still, most definitely "work harder" is in the obvious fact that overall, most women STILL work their job, and then ALSO assume most of the chores and responsibilities for the house and kids. It is still unusual for these additional responsibilities and chores to be equally shared. So yes; women work harder ( and much longer) than men.

• I think woman have harder lives than males

I think life is a lot more difficult for women than men. Sure men have to provide their family’s financially but woman are the ones who really work hard. Today people expect woman to be on top of everything. They also expect woman to make the same amount of money as men. Some people think that women should always have the house clean and tidy and that their children are all under controlled. Which is not an easy job.

• They are better

Although men work hard in the office,women are the ones that take care of those crying babies and also the children. They are also expected to cook food for the whole family and even for guests and visitors that come to visit. More women are even applying for jobs making the work harder for them.

• Women & men are both hard workers in the workplace, but the majority of the workload at home still falls on the woman's shoulders.

Over the course of my life I have seen both men and women work hard at their jobs. I think both sexes can be equally hard workers at work. I have also noticed that when the work day is over, men often feel entitled to relax, while women often times have no option but to keep working unto everything at home is done as well, including errands. Often these can be thankless jobs, unappreciated & expected by others. I think if there is something in it for them (personal gain), men will work very hard. Women are more likely to work hard without expecting praise, credit or money. If women are expected to hold 2 jobs, raise the kids, clean the house, run the errands, drive the kids to activities & put a nice dinner on the table every day then what exactly is expected of men these days? Maybe it's time to reevaluate what is expected of each sex outside of their jobs & even that out. Being a woman is indeed hard work, we just don't get much of a break or much appreciation.

• Yes Women work harder!

I am a 3rd shift worker we have 4 women vs 9 men. Women are doing the heavy lifting harder jobs while most (5) of the men are socializing and hanging out (actually stopped working), doing the easier work. If the women did this we'd get yelled at.
    I find it interesting, the harder we work then more is expected of us. We are more driven. Its how life is and its unfair, we all get paid the same or less.
    I'm finding out more places are run this way, so sad.

• Job, kids, school, cleaning, cooking really I could go on

Speaking for myself I am trying to get a degree while balance all of the cooking, cleaning, job and homework assignments. I am the only one who has ever taken my three kids to a doctors appointment. My husband will put them to bed at night but that's the only responsibility he has. He goes to work but than comes home leaves a mess all over the house that I have to clean the next day. We have been married 5 years and he has never gone grocery shopping or paid a bill. When he got his degree I stayed with the kids all day and night so that he could get it. Now that it is my turn I am doing it alone plus all the other stuff I have to do as well. It's not just me either I see it happen in so many relationships but if anyone mentions it, people say the women are just complaining and they should be happy that their husbands work at all. Will I work and even if I didn't I would still have a full time job with all of my other responsibilities and yet if you were to take away his job what would his responsibilities be, to sit and play video game. Wow what a hard life

• Generally they don't (but that's only my opinion!)

Women generally don't work as hard or as extensively. They probably could, but it seems they simply choose not to. But when all they really need to do is care for their children, who would? And yes, women are more aggressive. Even judging by the comments on this site one can tell. Most of the males will include "generally", "no offense", "this is only my thoughts". On the female side, they simply state "yeah we work harder. We are just so much better."

• Women want you to know how hard they work, men just work.

There are outliers in every single situation. Some men are lazy good for nothings, some women are powerhouses of work ethic; but for the majority of both sexes, I have found that women are not willing to sacrifice and work like men do.

I have worked in the public sector and in the private, and women are the ones eagerly taking lunch breaks, days off, and sick leave and men were the ones coming in early, staying after hours, and putting off lunch breaks to finish tasks.

I was also struck by this yesterday as I was working with a crew of volunteer males and females installing some heavy equipment. I personally spent 10 hours and 30 minutes drilling, cutting, nailing, using a pick axe, and tightening bolts. The other men stood by, asked for tasks to help the project, and we were able to put aside "being right" for open discussions about the most efficient way to finish the job.

The women that did show up, they cleaned up some counter tops for a few minutes. Stopped and ate pizza (when the males stopped to eat, the pizza was 5 hours old and cold, we only stopped because a drill bit broke and we needed to send a runner to the hardware store), the women dug through clothing bins and were asking about style for jackets. The women drank all the bottled water, and ALL of the women left hours before the men, because they were "tired". (they did no physical labor outside of light cleaning duties_.

I cannot count the times I work through lunch or stay late working. I cannot find a single woman doing those same things.

• They would rather give orders and take over the social aspect of work so they can get away with giving nothing and getting everything.

From bagging groceries as an adolescent to securing computer networks, my experience has been that women prefer to manipulate, demand special treatment, and, hell, they can be extremely hostile and much more aggressive than the men.. Because they know you cant do anything about it.

Perhaps their biggest advantage besides good 'press' is the value of the job. You lose your job you are screwed, she loses hers, she goes back home and is a stay at home wife.. This advantage is not something they let you forget.

• Not a chance

I have seen it far too many times in my employment and regular life. A lot of women act as if work is beneath them. Where I work the last three people to lose their jobs for non-attendance or just generally taking the p*ss were all women. They tend to think because they don't want to be there then it justifies them taking ridiculous amounts of sick leave or generally giving 10% effort. And on the subject of sick those with the worst record of sick leave are all women (and this is not just in my company, seriously Google "women take more sick than men"). All the part timers are women. Out of the last 10 people to be promoted in my office only 1 was a woman. This is not down to some "glass ceiling" as I actively encouraged my female friends to apply, I even offered to help with their application forms. You know how many took me up on the offer and put in an application? Zero! I have two friends whose wives/ girlfriends last year voluntarily gave up jobs to open their own "business" selling cupcakes for weddings. So did they rent catering property, set up a website, advertise on the radio, register their business or any of the things normally associated with a new business? Did they hell. Their "business plan" was to knock up some batches of cakes and attend the odd wedding fair. Since starting they have received no orders whatsoever. Clearly the business is a total failure yet they haven't returned to their old jobs or got new ones and still maintain they run a cake business whilst they seem to spend the bulk of their day sitting on their backsides. And while we're at it being a mother is NOT a job. Hard work sometimes yes but most days the hardest thing you'll do is put a Tom and Jerry DVD in the player. Women love to make themselves out to be hard done by, martyrs toiling tirelessly whilst dumb men get into all sorts of scrapes but it's just not true. Although women do work very hard at one thing - self promotion!

• No, They Do Not

Women as a whole do not work any harder than men do. They may work harder, biologically. Other than that, no difference. As a woman, I say women need to stop feeling sorry for themselves. In this day and age, there is no reason to feel that way. It is only a reality because we made it a reality. Get over it.

• No, women overall are less dedicated to a job.

Women overall aren't as focused or patient for a job in comparison to men. Whilst yes many women are passionate and dedicated the majority aren't. Men tend to be more career driven than women. They work full time and do longer hours than women. Whilst Women who have children and require months off work when they do. The cost of employing a woman of child bearing age is higher for an employer than it is to employ a man.

• No they think they do.

It's like old people think they work harder than young people when the actual productivity is lower. It's possible women put more effort in some areas but the work is less. Almost all the industries that require tough manual labour are men, agricultural are men. Even areas with like computing, sciences, astronauts, army, mathematics are still male dominated and the demand is much more on men.

Women can work hard but they simply don't have the build for manual labor and their biology(maternity) makes it difficult to compete with men in terms of hours put in etc.

• Men are more aggressive.

Men tend to work harder because they raised to be a man. Women, no offense, tend to not work as hard as men. When a husband wants a house, he designs it. The wife just sits there and tells the husband want she wants. This is my reason for thinking men work harder than women.

• Both Men and Women can work the same amount

Men and Women both have the ability to work equally. Sometimes men are lazier and sometimes women are lazier. There are also men and women that work extra and go above and beyond. It can depend on the person. Just because someone is a man or a women doesn't mean they cant work as hard.

• No

Then where are they at the oil rigs, the underground mines, the nuclear plants, the blast furnaces, the smelting chambers? Basically women avoid doing anything dangerous. Its not okay for men to do all the back breaking work now because women are "equal" right? Shouldnt there be more ladies drilling to the core of the earth extracting minerals that surface women would use for daily living? The world is messed up.