• Yes, women do have it harder.

Men don't have to worry about getting ready in the morning or worrying about when you're going to get your period. Women have children to take care of plus might also have jobs in order to afford food and shelter for their kids. Yes men also work but they obviously don't have to breast feed, take care of the kids when they're "gone", and they don't have to cook because according to the whole world women have to "clean" and "cook" every single day for their husbands knowing they also have extra side jobs. Yes women do have it harder than men.

• Yes, Women Do Work Harder

Women, due to societal and community-based factors work harder than men. This is due to the fact that many women have full-time or part-time employment outside of the home, and then they come home and do more of the house work than their male counterparts. Women often work all day and then have to do a "second shift" which involves raising the children, cooking meals, and doing most of the chores in the home.

• Yes, many feel they have to prove themselves.

Although I don't agree, there are more men in prestigious and influential positions than women. As a journalism student, I have studied women oppression in the world. This oppression has driven women to work harder- in many cases, not all- than men. The idea "work like a man" is insulting, and yet, is still told to girls and women everyday.

• Women Work as Hard as Men

Though women don't necessarily work harder than men, many times they are more dedicated to the performance of the position. Women tend to take more pride in the outcome of what they do. Most women will go out of their way to meet proffection where as men are not dedicated to that way of thinking.

• I believe women do work harder!

From the women I have asked and what I've researched, women do work harder! For example:On the holidays the men just sit on the couch all day and watch tv, while the women cook over a hot stove all day. Also women have to go through 9 months of pregnancy symptoms, and those dreadful labor pains at birth. Even after the child is born, the woman is responsible for caring, watching, and getting up all times of the night to rock them to sleep. While the man stays in bed sleeping peacefully. Not adding some women have a outside the house job too. So if the women work outside the home also, I would definitely say it's unfair. Also women have to worry about looking attractive more than the men do, and women have more upkeep for themselves. I believe the way society pictures the jobs of a man and a woman, are just completely unfair!

• Kids and jobs

Women are expected to meet the needs of the children in the home, most of which are listed in previous posts. They also hold down jobs and do a fantastic job at that to. They come home to more children's demands and wake up to them as well. That's without any of the children being sick, forget it if the mum has time to get sick!

• They kind of have to

Women are scrutinized heavily, expected to work as well as men while a lot more importance is put on their appearance while they do it. They kind of have to put more effort towards the same tasks just to keep up because of the general higher standard they're held to across the board.

• Of Course Women Work Harder!

Most men work an 8-9 hour day, then they're done. When they get home, they actually relax...What a concept. My husband works, comes home and sometimes helps with the dinner dishes, usually tinkers in the basement for a couple of hours, then goes to bed. Meanwhile, most of the women I know work and orchestrate all family life--cleaning the house, doing all laundry, doing the bills, helping with their kids' homework, making and attending all appointments for kids, carting kids to after-school activities, doing all shopping (grocery, clothing, holidays, etc.), planning and preparing meals, communicating with their kids' teachers, taking the family pets for vet appointments, getting the cars serviced as needed, and supporting their kids when they just need to talk. Women generally do not stop until they collapse. I know very few men who could actually handle the responsibilities of being a mother. Men will never truly "get it".

• They would rather give orders and take over the social aspect of work so they can get away with giving nothing and getting everything.

From bagging groceries as an adolescent to securing computer networks, my experience has been that women prefer to manipulate, demand special treatment, and, hell, they can be extremely hostile and much more aggressive than the men.. Because they know you cant do anything about it.

Perhaps their biggest advantage besides good 'press' is the value of the job. You lose your job you are screwed, she loses hers, she goes back home and is a stay at home wife.. This advantage is not something they let you forget.

• Not a chance

I have seen it far too many times in my employment and regular life. A lot of women act as if work is beneath them. Where I work the last three people to lose their jobs for non-attendance or just generally taking the p*ss were all women. They tend to think because they don't want to be there then it justifies them taking ridiculous amounts of sick leave or generally giving 10% effort. And on the subject of sick those with the worst record of sick leave are all women (and this is not just in my company, seriously Google "women take more sick than men"). All the part timers are women. Out of the last 10 people to be promoted in my office only 1 was a woman. This is not down to some "glass ceiling" as I actively encouraged my female friends to apply, I even offered to help with their application forms. You know how many took me up on the offer and put in an application? Zero! I have two friends whose wives/ girlfriends last year voluntarily gave up jobs to open their own "business" selling cupcakes for weddings. So did they rent catering property, set up a website, advertise on the radio, register their business or any of the things normally associated with a new business? Did they hell. Their "business plan" was to knock up some batches of cakes and attend the odd wedding fair. Since starting they have received no orders whatsoever. Clearly the business is a total failure yet they haven't returned to their old jobs or got new ones and still maintain they run a cake business whilst they seem to spend the bulk of their day sitting on their backsides. And while we're at it being a mother is NOT a job. Hard work sometimes yes but most days the hardest thing you'll do is put a Tom and Jerry DVD in the player. Women love to make themselves out to be hard done by, martyrs toiling tirelessly whilst dumb men get into all sorts of scrapes but it's just not true. Although women do work very hard at one thing - self promotion!

• No, They Do Not

Women as a whole do not work any harder than men do. They may work harder, biologically. Other than that, no difference. As a woman, I say women need to stop feeling sorry for themselves. In this day and age, there is no reason to feel that way. It is only a reality because we made it a reality. Get over it.

• No, women overall are less dedicated to a job.

Women overall aren't as focused or patient for a job in comparison to men. Whilst yes many women are passionate and dedicated the majority aren't. Men tend to be more career driven than women. They work full time and do longer hours than women. Whilst Women who have children and require months off work when they do. The cost of employing a woman of child bearing age is higher for an employer than it is to employ a man.

• No they think they do.

It's like old people think they work harder than young people when the actual productivity is lower. It's possible women put more effort in some areas but the work is less. Almost all the industries that require tough manual labour are men, agricultural are men. Even areas with like computing, sciences, astronauts, army, mathematics are still male dominated and the demand is much more on men.

Women can work hard but they simply don't have the build for manual labor and their biology(maternity) makes it difficult to compete with men in terms of hours put in etc.

• Men are more aggressive.

Men tend to work harder because they raised to be a man. Women, no offense, tend to not work as hard as men. When a husband wants a house, he designs it. The wife just sits there and tells the husband want she wants. This is my reason for thinking men work harder than women.

• Both Men and Women can work the same amount

Men and Women both have the ability to work equally. Sometimes men are lazier and sometimes women are lazier. There are also men and women that work extra and go above and beyond. It can depend on the person. Just because someone is a man or a women doesn't mean they cant work as hard.

• No

Then where are they at the oil rigs, the underground mines, the nuclear plants, the blast furnaces, the smelting chambers? Basically women avoid doing anything dangerous. Its not okay for men to do all the back breaking work now because women are "equal" right? Shouldnt there be more ladies drilling to the core of the earth extracting minerals that surface women would use for daily living? The world is messed up.

• No, I think they both work equally

The issue of hard work is not a gender issue, it's a personal issue. How hard I work has nothing to do with if I have an X or a Y chromosome. There are men who don't work very hard. There are women who don't work hard, either. There are both men and women that go above and beyond the call of duty. This is a non issue.