Do you accept Catharine MacKinnon calling pornography a form of subordinating women?

• Open your eyes.

Catherine MacKinnon is absolutely right in her assessment. There is no debating the fact that pornography commodifies, objectifies, and therefore dehumanizes people. Once a person has been dehumanized, it becomes easier for others to at the very best fail to empathize with and feel compassion for them, and at the very worst torture, abuse, debase, and exploit them. Victims of human trafficking litter the porn industry and, thanks to "training" that is tellingly referred to as "breaking them in", are virtually indistinguishable from those who "choose" to be there. Without even getting into the psychological and economical coercion that encourages women to "choose" it, the fact that you can't tell them apart from those who are literal sex slaves should discourage anybody with a beating heart and a brain in their head to boycott the whole bleeding scene. If you think your "need" (total myth) to get off supersedes their right to be free, dignified human beings, then you are undoubtedly thinking with the wrong head and your humanity measures frighteningly low on the scale.

• Open your eyes.

• It is demeaning.

Yes, I accept Catharine MacKinnon calling pornography a form of subordinating women, because it is a form of subordination. She makes a very valid point because it is true that pornography objectifies women based on their bodies. It is something that does not empower women, but instead degrades them to be looked at as physical objects. MacKinnon is correct.

• Pornography is a form of subordinating women.

Pornography is a form of subordinating women. Although there is also homosexual pornography for men and women, the majority of pornography shows violence towards women. Women should not be portrayed as sexual objects to be bought and sold. Also, the making of pornography involves the actual abuse of women and prostitution.

• No I don't

I do not agree with Catharine Mackinnon's view point stating that pornography is a form of subordinating women. I think that porn can be degrading towards women. It can be degrading towards anyone. But there are so many levels of porn and so many different types that it is hard to generalize porn.I do not think it subordinates women. People make their own choices to be in porn and to watch porn.

• I do not accept Catharine MacKinnon calling pornography a form of subordinating women.

I do not accept Catharine MacKinnon calling pornography a form of subordinating women. Women would like to be able to blame someone for the pornography industry but they are a much a part of it as the men are. I do not think that Catharine MacKinnon was right about the industry.

• To Each Their Own

I do not support Catherine MacKinnon is her assessment of pornography. To me, it is not meant to subordinate women. Pornography is popular both among males and females. The women found in pornography have chosen their field of work, much like someone chooses to work at McDonald's. Just because some people can't identify with their choice does not make them less of a person and it certainly doesn't mean they're being thought less of.