Do you agree that corporations that are granted legal personhood should have their free speech rights limited?

• Free Speech Rights

I personally think that corporations that are granted legal personhood should have their free speech rights should be limited the reason being is because everyone has feelings and some people might have low self esteem. I personally think that free speech rights should be limited because some people use profanity which can cause an individual to being violent.

• Yes, and they shouldn't be legal persons at all.

It is ridiculous to think that a corporation is now granted legal personhood just because its executives want to control the political situation. But if that is so, then of course their rights to free speech should be limited since they already have way too much influence in the politics of our day, which is really the politics of wealth.

• No, I don't.

I don't believe that corporations should be able to fire someone based on their religious belief or discriminate against anyone in anyway, but I believe that corporations should have the right to say anything they want. If it is stupid or bigoted or in poor taste, then consumers can exercise their right to boycott them.

• No, they are just a group of people.

No, I do not agree that corporations that are granted legal personhood should have their free speech rights limited, because it is impossible to determine how much free speech a corporation should have. A corporation is no more than a group of people, and the group of people should be able to say what is in their collective interests.

• Can't Have It Both Ways

If corporations are suddenly people too, then they have just as many rights as individuals. Corporations should have free speech as well if they are granted legal personhood. It's already insanely nuts that companies are considered people in some respects, when in reality they are amalgamations of workers made into one whole company. Companies have no voice in government and don't have hearts, lungs or brains and so therefore they aren't considered people in the first place. You can't arrest a company, feed a company or give birth to a company in the biological sense, so why should they get rights in the first place?