Do you agree that long hair should be illegal on men?

Asked by: CoolDudeBroMeat
  • Long Hair is Girly

Sorry men, but as men you should act like it. Dominant. Proud. Prideful. Superior. As men you should not go against your own nature and act girly. You are a man, start acting like it.

I believe it is a form of intentional gender confusion, acting against their own nature.

• It's just wrong

Men and women both have their separate places in the world, even as equals. Neither should be confused with the other and so we need strict rules to ensure that men remain manly, the first step of this is clearly the immediate removal of the long haired vermin crowding the streets of today. These metalheads, cavemen and simpletons are an insignificant skid mark on the underwear of society, they drag our superior race down with the sheer weight of their hair. Offenders should be immediately shaved and made to do 100 hours minimum of community service. Repeat offenders should be permanently instated at secluded work camps so that they do not destroy our fragile civilization. This is the only solution.

• How long should a mans mane be

Lets face it when you see a man strolling leisurely down the street, his luscious lox flowing gracefully behind him, you ladies get jealous. How does he do it? Its not even meant to sit like that. There's enough competition within each gender to have the most glorious barnnet, so why make it worse? Why cause people to feel as though they cannot compete with someone who they shouldn't even be competing with. It is for this reason that men should have hair short enough to still look like a man whilst maintaining the ability to have a level of individuality. Same with woman who's quiff is superior to mine, I don't need this nor do I want this. It is for all these reasons that men should keep their hair short, but not too short.

• How long should a mans mane be

• No. Absolutely not.

There shouldn't be laws regarding hair length for anyone at all in my opinion. Hair is not causing harm to anyone and therefore a law is not needed. You may not like somebody's hairdo but that does not mean that they should receive a fine or be locked up in prison nor should they have it cut simply because some people don't like it. Enforcing such a law is not only sexist but also a form of discrimination. This would also mean less freedom and who wants that?

• This is stupid

I'm actually surprised that people said "Yes". No law should ever limit hair length, we have freedoms. The US government cannot tell us how we must look. However, some schools can tell you how long your hair must be (which is stupid), and some other places have policies about long hair. I don't agree with them.

• No, that's gender stereotyping.

Hair is something that's natural on all human beings and it would be absurd to try and limit the length of hair that's allowed on any individual. Length of hair does not in any way, shape, of form signifies dominance, proudness, pride, or superiority. Nor are there any viable evidences supporting these statements.

On to some examples of manly long haired men...
    - Vikings - That's probably as manly as it gets right there
    - Kenneth Faried - If you don't know who that is you can look him up. He's a basketball player defined by pretty much two words: Aggressiveness and Power.
    - European Culture - In the 1600's and eras around that time period, long hair was a trend that almost all male adheres to. It was seen as formality.

Long hair has no direct correlation to a man's personality and also the fact that there are no given rule stating how a male should or should not act. You can have a male that has short hair and is homosexual. Your sex and gender is what you are born with, how you express and define yourself is up to the individual.

• This is an obvious no...

Human beings are born with rights. Taking away one's right to grow their hair to their desired hair length is unthinkable. Stating that a man can't have long hair is like not allowing one to wear their choice of clothes. Hair length is a matter of preference and reflects one's personality and taking that away is completely irrational. Also, many of America's founding fathers and revolutionary thinkers had long hair.

• Wow, just wow

I can't believe some people said yes to this, what the? If you don't like long hair on men, fine, but making it illegal? Seriously? What I do with my hair - or any part of my body - is no concern of anyone but me.With that being said, I've met some "girly" men with huge balls - and clean cut, muscular guys with huge insecurities and horrible personalities.I can't believe how backwards some people are."Gender confusion, acting against their own nature" - REALLY? If you honestly believe that, I don't consider you a man.A real HUMAN (man or not) respects others' opinions.Totally agree with the guy that said Vikings.Doesn't get any "manlier" than that.

• The notion of the law enforcing hair regulations on men is preposterous

This would violate the basic human right to expression. We can't ban trivial options of personal customization simply because some of us find them distasteful. It is extraordinary that others believe it would be socially and ethically sound to waste resources imposing baseless, ludicrous stereotypes on the lengths of people's HAIR.

• I thought that this would be a tongue-in-cheek debate...

.... But it appears that some ridiculously conservative folks on the other side of the debate feel it necessary to take away personal freedoms because of their individual opinions. And, reflecting on the apparent masculinity of shorter hair, look at many a historical portrait of some of the most (supposedly) masculine people of all time - Oliver Cromwell, Peter the Great. They all have long hair!

• Why should it be?

I haven't seen too many men that look good with long hair, but that's no reason to make it illegal. It's a matter of choice. Some women choose the trashy, Kardashian-look. The moment a female wears this apparel line, they look like a prostitute. Surely, that's not a fashion goal for anyone. It isn't flattering to the figure. It sends the wrong message. Still, the crap is on the market for those who just have to wear it. If we are going to make something illegal, let's start there! Then, we can work on those Duck Dynasty-style beards. OMG! I have wiped my backside with better looking things!

• Long hair is a style.

Long hair is just a style. It is a style so no one can command what to do. It does not hurt anyone. It is just wanting to be looked well. It might look good. Making laws about the hair is like making laws on what to wear. Long hair is a style.

• If it was illegal, I'd be gone.

As one of the many guys in the world with long hair, I'd be outraged about a law that I can't grow my hair the way I wanted it.

Also, while we're on the subject of hair; people think I'm a douche because of my long hair. As if my hair is going to bite you or something. Mind your own business and get out of my hair. Pun intended.