Do you agree that Oprah Winfrey is the greatest black philanthropist in American history?

• Few blacks have achieved anything close to what Oprah has achieved, and she continues to give back.

Oprah does not just give away stuff at her shows. She has many well known charities that she advises, and others that she simply funds. Fortunately for her, this work is tax deductible, but that is beside the point. She has made huge amounts of money and continues to use it mostly for good.

• Oprah Is the greatest black American philanthropist.

I'm not saying this because Oprah is who she is or because she is as famous as she is. I'm saying this because she is the richest black philanthropist the United States of America has ever seen, and she's able to donate vasts amounts of money to several different projects.

• Yes, I agree that Oprah is definitely the greatest black philanthropist ever.

Yes, I agree Oprah is the greatest black philanthropist. Oprah has always been very open about her life. It was a difficult life and I think she never forgot it. Oprah wanted a better world. Oprah has given numerous scholarships to Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia. She spent over 7 million dollars to establish an all girls academy in South Africa. Oprah has given money and had new homes built for people hit by hurricane Katrina. She tries to help whenever a need arises.

• A wealthy woman

She is probably the greatest African American philanthropist in my opinion. She has had unbelievable amounts of success in television and through books and other things. She is extremely famous, and is a household name. Also she has a ton of money, and is one of the most powerful black women ever.

• Her looking out for the general welfare of others whole heartedly? I think not.

Come on now. This woman is one of the richest woman in the world if not the richest and you think this woman is any bit good? Yeah ok. Just look at where she comes from. She comes from Baltimore, MD and look at what she did. She left this place in rags. She has done little to nothing for Baltimore and could care less about it. She cares so much more about other countries other than her own it is disgusting. Furthermore, she is so materialistic, money is all that she is about. Why do I say this? I say this because she still owns over like three different mansions and has a net worth of 2.9 billion dollars. Making over 300 million dollars a year, you'd think Baltimore would be competing with all the other major cities of the world. Though she hasn't donated zip towards Baltimore. What a joke.

• Winfrey is too consumed with overseas causes.

Oprah Winfrey is not the greatest black philanthropist in American history. She is more concerned with contributing to people overseas in Africa than to our own American people that made her rich. Although she thinks that American kids wouldn't be as appreciative as African kids, I think she would find the opposite if she were to really go into very poor American communities and help out the same way.

Haroush says2014-02-20T18:11:46.693
A person who seeks to promote the welfare of others, esp. By the generous donation of money to good causes.
Haroush says2014-02-20T18:12:10.277
Oprah Winfrey isn't that.