Do you agree that the definition of "socially liberal" is accurate?

• Yes,I agree that the definition of "socially liberal" is accurate.

Yes, I agree that the definition of "socially liberal" is accurate. A "social liberal" would be someone who is liberal in what kind of social behavior they might accept.For example a "social liberal"might very agree with gay marriage when the mainstream might not.Usually this is not a problem but occasionally conflicts might barise.

• the "socially liberal"

I personally agree, Yes, being socially liberal is an accurate term. When one considers pro-choice, this accurately portrays a socially liberal attitude. However, when one considers pro-life, that is a socially conservative view. Socially liberal connotates a more tolerant point of view, but, truth be told, in my opinion, it's a total breakdown of traditional values and absolute intolerance of opposing viewpoints. I have no problem with gay marriage, but social liberals view opposition to such marriage as "extremism" and "hate speech." Socially liberal -- indeed an accurate term -- but if you're an opponent of their various mandates and dictates, you will be demonized.

• Yes, its on par

I think it is exactly what its stated to be. I think social programs and liberals go together, if you look at them together, its fine. I am all for big business and this term is so accurate its something I turn away from. Social programs are the worst and so is socially liberal.

• Socially liberal is as accurate a term as socially conservative

Yes, being socially liberal is an accurate term. When one considers pro-choice, this accurately portrays a socially liberal attitude. However, when one considers pro-life, that is a socially conservative view. Socially liberal connotates a more tolerant point of view, but, truth be told, in my opinion, it's a total breakdown of traditional values and absolute intolerance of opposing viewpoints. I have no problem with gay marriage, but social liberals view opposition to such marriage as "extremism" and "hate speech." Socially liberal -- indeed an accurate term -- but if you're an opponent of their various mandates and dictates, you will be demonized.

• What it means to be a liberal is not congruent with the definition.

The term 'liberal' actually refers to how involved a person believes the federal government should be in state affairs. At least, that is what it used to mean. They believe that liberal use of federal government is OK. The typical definition found of "socially liberal" will suggest the opposite. Most views of being "socially liberal" suggest that the government stay out of their personal life. When using the actual words to define it, socially liberal means that you don't mind more interference in your social structure by the federal government.