Do you agree that the government should not subsidize the growing of tobacco?

• I agree that the USA should not subsidize the tobacco industry.

I believe that the United States of America should not subsidize the growing of tobacco. I think that the government should not provide any help that supports the tobacco industry in anyway. I think if that were to happen, a lot of the industry might stop and stop producing some harmful products.

• Yes, I do.

Even though tobacco is a cash crop (or has been historically) I don't think that the government should be subsidizing the growth of tobacco. I think that it should stay away from tobacco to make a point and set an example. I also think that it would cause more people to have tobacco related illnesses and deaths and would drive up the cost of healthcare.

• Yes, I agree that the Government should not subsidize the growing of tobacco.

The Tobacco industry is a massively profitable industry that generates billions of dollars of sales ever year, there is no reason for the Government to be providing subsidies to the people who are involved in this industry, they will still continue to produce it regardless of the subsidies or not and I don't believe the Government should be wasting taxpayer money in that way.

• Yes, there is no reason for that.

As far as I know, tobacco is grown for one reason only and that is for use in cigarettes and other smoking products. So for the government of the United States to subsidize this when it warns against its use on cigarette products is just hypocritcal and needs to be stopped.

• Tobacco is a cash crop and should be treated equally with other cash crops

I believe that the government should subsidize the growing of tobacco. The government should not be able to enforce a preference on any cash crop based on its assumed intended outcome. If we subsidize one cash crop, it is fair to subsidize all cash crops. Subsidies help our fellow farmers and allow us to dominate global trades and tobacco is desired all over the world, not just in the state that the tobacco was grown.