Do you agree that there is a lot in common between Jimmy Fallon and Johnny Carson?

• Yes, I agree that Jimmy Fallon and Johnny Carson share many things in common

Both Jimmy Fallon and Johnny Carson host their own show on television, both of them are generally funny and can entertain an audience, both of them have a knack of interacting with people in generally entertaining ways, so I would say that Jimmy Fallon and Johnny Carson share many things in common.

• Yes there is

yes, both of these tonight show hosts have a whole lot in common. They are both very talented people when it comes to comedy,and I think that Jimmy Fallon will do a great job since he just took over, and he will go down as one of the best of all time.

• Other than being funny

I think both were, or are really funny, even though I did not see a lot of Johnny Carson. I think they both have different styles though. Just because they both are funny does not mean they both have a bunch in common. Then again, maybe I am reading this question wrong. It could mean that Jimmy Fallon is the closest out of all the late night talk show hosts to Johnny Carson.

• Too easy a comparison

People love finding the conclusions that they set out searching for, so the idea that Jimmy Fallon and Johnny Carson are very similar is more an historical view leaning towards the direction intentionally. While they both worked in late night and they even have names with similar cadence, they aren't incredibly alike.

• Jimmy Fallon isn't that funny.

No, I do not agree that there is a lot in common between Jimmy Fallon and Johnny Carson, because Jimmy Fallon is extremely talented, but he is not really that funny. Even with a team of writers, Fallon's humor just kind of falls flat. Carson invented the show, and Fallon is just taking what's already there.