• A few good points

Point 1: Ok, so before you click no and write some argument about how criminals will get guns anyway and people won't be able to protect themselves, think about this: Where do criminals, drug organizations, etc. get all of their guns? I'd say about 95% of them buy those weapons from civilians who legally bought them. Cut off thee production of guns (for civilians), and in a few years when all of the current guns these criminals own break, get old, stop working, and are for whatever other reason unusable, there will be no guns left. Point 2: The second amendment protects civilians ability to buy and use guns, but in no way does the constitution protect ammunition for those weapons. I did my research and technically by banning ammunition the government can take away your ability to use your firearms without violating the second amendment and there's not anything anyone can do to challenge that as it is technically constitutional. Aren't loopholes great? If you still think we should keep producing guns, you either own many guns and don't want those however thousand dollars to go to waste, are a person that sells guns yourself, or you actually are just that thick skulled and brain dead. If you have any challenges for this, don't hesitate to put it in the replies.

• Because They Aren't Neccessary

I understand that guns can be used for nonviolent things, such as hunting/target shooting. However, gun violence being a leading cause of death in America, I see no morally logical reason for firearms to be legal. It seems, to me, that their very existence and lack of regulation are not only irresponsible, but morally wrong. I also understand that if one was sufficiently motivated, they could illegally get a firearm. I understand that, and I understand that purging guns from the American nation is impossible. This, to me, is about the moral obligation to make an attempt to protect our fellow man.

• I support it somewhat

Up hear in Canada we have more strict gun laws that make it impossible to own assault rifles very hard to own hand guns and easy to own shotguns and rifles. Long guns are hard to kill anyone with and get away unseen because of there size and look... Canada has way less murders and school shootings. America should convert to our laws and keep your right to bear arms just not military grade arms that you guys really don't need.

• I support it somewhat

• Not a ban

People have a right to bear arms, but they do not have the right to use guns in a violent manner. Just like how people have the right to drink alcohol, but they can not use it in an irresponsible manner (ie. Drunk driving, drunk violence, etc.). Guns should be regulated, but people should always have the right to own a gun.

• It only stood good people from defending them selves

Criminals will get guns no matter what. They get illegal drugs so why wouldn't they get guns? When those criminals use those illegal guns to rape or kill the good law abiding citizens that we won't be able to defend our selves. Even with out a gun a 6 ft man or group of 6 ft men can easily rape a 5 ft women or steal from a 80 year old. The drug cartel has killed so many people trying to get illegal drugs into America. A gun cartel will also kill people by trafficking illegal guns in here. Common sense.

• Support regulation, but not ban

I support regulation on firearms that would prevent mentally ill/illegal immigrants from possessing firearms, and state bans on assault weapons but not a federal one, most crime is a result of lack of mental treatment, poverty, or ignorance and should be solved by treating the underlying causes rather than banning the easiest means to kill someone, as many methods would still be available.

• No I don't.

I believe guns shouldbe banned to an extent, but not totally gone. Otis our second amendment and it is our right to own a gun. If you disagree with gun ban, then probably you've had a bad experience or never had a gun before. In my opinion don't ban guns a better solution would be to do a background check and make it more strict and give people more training with guns.

• Gun bans don't work.

The 2nd amendment was put in place to prevent a democratic government from becoming tyrannical. That was the basis of the amendment then and still is now. The personal defense aspect of it is simply a by-product of that. There is no compelling evidence that banning guns helps reduce crime. Notice every report on the pro side will say that getting rid of guns reduces GUN violence; however, in all of those cases the actual instances of violent crime actually increase. There is no arguing that the areas in this country with the strictest gun laws (chicago, NY, California, etc) have the worst gun violence, but in the areas where gun ownership is highest (for instance Kennesaw, GA, where the government actually MANDATES that all households of non-convicted individuals own a gun) have the lowest crime.

• It didn't work here in Australia

Speaking as a citizen-subject of Australia, a nation which has significant gun bans, it doesn't work. Crooks still hold up people with knives and such, and the right to self-defence is dead here in Australia. So to all of you Americans out there, be careful of who gets guns, but for pity's sake if the government tries to demand you hand 'em over, to borrow a phrase from ancient Sparta coopted by your NRA: Molon Labe! "If you want 'em, come and get 'em!" Don't be a bunch of sadsacks in this regard like us Aussies :-(

• Self Defense is Necessary

The issue of fully automatic firearms has been a hotbed for a long time. I think we need to familiarize ourselves with the idea of possessing a gun for self defense. There are laws that have been implemented for the illegal firing of arms and I think it's always better to be safe than sorry.