Do you agree with Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-CA) that building a fence along the US Mexican border is like having the Berlin Wall there?

Asked by: bigdave
  • I agree with Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-CA) that building a fence along the US Mexican border is like having the Berlin Wall there, but I still think that it will be necessary.

I agree with Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-CA) that building a
    fence along the US Mexican border is like having the Berlin Wall there, but I still
    think that it will be necessary. We have
    to do whatever we can to deal with the serious problem of illegal immigration
    in America.

• Why keep people out?

I don't understand why people feel they can force others to stay out of "their" country. If every country would open up their borders and quit considering things off limits everyone would get along a lot better. Putting a fence along the border is no different than putting up the Berlin Wall to keep countries split apart.

• Loretta Sanchez, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!!!

The "border wall" is just there to keep Mexicans out of the land what should should truly and rightfully theirs. I mean the US wanted to extend from the Atlantic ocean to the Pacific ocean and they have already accomplished that when they acquired Oregon country, so that would have made invading Mexico's land pointless. If the US was a person, then acquiring Oregon country would make the US' belly full, but they had to have more (this is called greed and gluttony). Eventually Hispanics will someday become the absolute majority (90%+ Hispanic) and that will mean that the Hispanics in predominantly Hispanic states will legally, fairly, legitimately, and democratically hold an official and valid referendum on whether the predominantly Hispanic states should remain part of the US or become part of Mexico. Unless the us is going to be like Ukraine and not recognize the referendum for The annexation of Crimea (a predominantly Russian territory) into the Russian federation (a fellow Russian country).

• It is exactly opposite from being the Berlin Wall.

The Berlin Wall was built to keep people in. It was like a prison wall. People in East Berlin could NOT cross into the West. A wall along the American Border with Mexico would function to prevent illegal entry into the USA. People could still enter the USA, but would have to do it via legal means.