Do you agree with the Black Lives matter movement?

Asked by: Madeline1698
  • Is this even a question???

Of course all lives matter. If you disagree you are just a ignorant person that is going to burn in hell. If you are that mentally unstable and can not think clearly to make a simple decision such as this one should just kill yourself now and save people the time of arguing with you.

• Yes all lives matter but....

We know all lives matter but it seems to be as though America is saying black lives matter less than another race. The movement is not just about police brutality against blacks but about we just want justice to see all as equal. We contributed as much to this country as the next person so we deserve to be treated as such and not like we are the criminals. When it comes down to police brutality we just want the police to be prosecuted for their actions and not let it be forgotten so easily like it was a "mistake". Blacks understand that black on black crime is a problem too but when Tyrone gets shot by Jerome, Jerome gets life in prison. If Tyrone gets shot by Officer Smith, Officer Smith gets paid administrative leave. So this black lives matter movement is for anybody that believes the justice system and the people that live in the country need to open their eyes that this is an issue that needs to bring awareness to everybody.

• Black lives do matter!!

The only reason that African-Americans are ignorant is because the Southern white people FORCED THEM to be so stupid. That is the fault of the white people made 200 years ago. I don't mean to discriminate black people. (In fact, some of them are very smart.) They are considered a minority by the whites 200 years ago. The white people need to fix that HUGE mistake.

• Yes, of course!

Everyone's rights deserve to be protected, even in his or her's worst times. Both law enforcement and the courts are responsible for giving equitable treatment to everyone, regardless of his or her identity -- which, in this movement, focuses on black Americans.

I should also note: The Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement is peaceful; you can quote and cite examples of vitriol and hate said against both police and/or white people from members of BLM, but these aforementioned scenarios certainly are not microcosms of the movement. No one and nothing is perfect.

One of the biggest oppositions I see to BLM is: "Well, why don't these people attack and criticize crime in their own community?" -- otherwise known was "black on black crime".

Well, that is because "black on black crime" is not racially motivated; that cannot always be said for crimes committed against black people by white individuals.

At the end of the day, hate is hate. Violence is violence. Whether it is racism, bias, or prejudice does not matter; all are unacceptable. Love all Americans: black people, white people, hispanic and latinx people, asian people, indigenous people, queer people, trans people, and so many more from so many intersections of life -- including police officers.

• Look at the statistics

Look at the frickin stats you more white people are killed by police than black so I'm not seeing any racism here. And most people that freaking got shot by the police in a black police have good reason police are just defending themselves. So the next time your house is being robbed or you're about to be murdered you know you police hating liberals then I wouldn't call him cuz y be saved by somebody that you hate. Our government is practically going to the blacks the only people that can fix the blacks is the black community is the black community like Ferguson they riot and burn down their own City and then turn it so sorry I was just expressing myself and I was in a bad State know if you burn down your city so that's your problem and yes I know people came in from out of town and a lot of that was that but still I mean the guys father said Burn It Down

• Why Black Lives Matter

Black Lives Matter is a movement that started on social media. I definitely support black lives matter. Just because the actual name of the movement is "Black Lives Matter" doesn't mean that any other race doesn't matter. Police brutality is a huge issue and it continues to be disregarded by white lives.

• Yes, of course!

• Black Lives Matter movement

What the black community is asking for are equal rights. BLM started with a good message to wake people up for what is going on but it has been manipulated not only by whites, but black people too. Those who promote violence or respond with violence in the name of the BLM movement are WRONG. This movement is to stop the violence that is aimed toward the black community, not support it. Isis claims that they bomb people in the name of Allah but in reality that is not what the Islam religion teaches. So focus on what this movement is really about and not those who claim to be doing the right thing.

• I fully support !

This has brought attention about racism that has been held quiet for way to many years! The movement has spread across the world and is forcing people to see and have to pay attention the the wrong things and actions people are putting forth towards African Americans ! We should not have to feel unsafe in a place we call home ! It has been400+ years of black people being mistreated and it needs to end NOW

• I am a Mexican American and I support the BLM movement.

I swear to god if I had dollar for every person that cry and say ALL LIVES MATTER I would be a millionaire. Like chill white people everything isn't about you and that is okay just look at the facts and for once be on the right side of history.

• No, I oppose

Starting with the specific name of "Black" Lives Matter. Extremely bias for African-Americans and rarely recognize other minorities that have been shot indiscriminately by law enforcement. Nothing more than a radical movement to use the "eye-for-an-eye" argument to retaliate against the police just because they dared shoot a black man even if that black man was guilty.

• Don't support Terrorism.

They've become anti-white, I see where they are coming from, but they literally have become a terroist group claiming to want "dead cops". All lives matter, and often times BLM overreacts to justified actions cops have taken againist criminals. Black or white, a criminal is a criminal, and knows what thry're doing.

• Do white lives?

Yes, black lives matter. However so do the white, Mexican, Asian, and everyone else's lives! The black lives matter movement completely forgets every white person killed because of racism. If you ask me, that's racist. Not to mention that many blacks killed by cops are killed because the cop was defending themself.

• No, I oppose x2

"Yes, black lives matter. However so do the white, Mexican, Asian, and everyone else's lives! The black lives matter movement completely forgets every white person killed because of racism. If you ask me, that's racist. Not to mention that many blacks killed by cops are killed because the cop was defending themselves."

• No because white lives matter

They should start a white lives matter group. It would be so much better than the black lives matter group because guess what it actually matters. Y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y yy y yyyyy yyyy y y

• It's An Abhorrent Organization

Black Lives Matter was created on the bones of a case that was completely misrepresented with false information that lasted too long. (Ferguson) Activists frequently point out that Black people are more likely to be incarcerated than whites. But a few statistics Black Lives Matter never replies to, are as follows. Despite making up 13% of the total US population, Black people commit 52% of all violent crimes in the US. No, I'm not racist. Consider this then, 93% of all black people who are victimized in the US, are victimized by other Black people. If Black Lives Matter actually cared for Black people, they would address gang warfare, and so on. Even if someone agrees with Black Lives Matter's philosophy, then you should at the very least not support their methods, or their leaders. One of their leaders once posted on twitter, asking Allah to give her the strength not to kill whites. Another figurehead is a convicted cop killer, I've heard. It's members frequently post things such as "why white women wearing black hairstyles is problematic" or "why black people can't be racist" other times using force, interrupting talks. Look to the backlash against speakers such as Milo Yiannopolus (sorry if I butchered his name), and their leaders refuse to acknowledge any of this. Instead they keep interrupting public events, spouting bigotry, and generally promoting a new era of racism.

If you disagree with racism, I'd politely suggest you not support BLM.

• The argument is desperate

When the movement began, there was some possibility for an actual social movement in America. However, we are now seeing that this movement has become so biased and "incorrect" that it is a laughing stock now. The main problem with the argument is that they riot due to deaths of black people, usually due to police shootings. However they fail to recognize the crimes that were being committed. A few months ago, a riot broke out in the name of this movement over an African-American man that was vandalizing cars. He was shot after being noncompliant and the entire riot based its claims off of the fact that the man was black.

• No, I oppose

• No I don't

Black lives matter is like a cult gang thing. I don't agree with it. F f f f f f ff f ff f f ff f f ff f f f f ffffff ff f ff f f f f f fff fffff f fff f ff ff f

• Racist movement that supports the murder of police

From May 2013 to April 2015, thirty percent of the people killed by police were black. Nineteen percent were Hispanic, and forty-nine percent of these people were white. However, Black Lives Matter likes to say that policemen are racist, murdering any black man they can find for no reason. This is extremely far from the truth. Yes, there are some bad policemen out there, but not every cop is out hunting black men. Look at the statistics! Our society is getting so caught up in being "politically correct" that blackboards are considered racist to some people. We need to ignore the fact that we have different skin colors, and just embrace one another.