Do you agree with the IOC's decision to allow Transgender athletes to compete as the other sex in the Olympics without having gender reassignment surgery?

Asked by: DJBay
  • The End of Female Olympics

There is no comparison between a biological man's musculature, heart and lung size, haemoglobin in the blood and bone density compared to that of a woman. Such a person, simply by thinking he's a woman, cannot change the biological athletic advantage that's inscripted genetically in every cell. It's absolutely preposterous for genetic women to have to compete against a genetic male. A bizarre social consciousness cannot remove the biological injustice - it makes a sad joke of Women's Olympics, and, in my estimation, is sexist; it is pushing real women out of a well-deserved spotlight. A sad day for those who celebrate women's rights and freedoms.

• Absolutely not. No.

Even after a man has had gender reassignment surgery she should not be allowed to compete with biological women in the Olympics. Transwomen are physically and biologically men. Because they are physical/biological men they have an advantage over women in physical sports. Thats the reality. Even after the surgery, a trans women has the muscles and bones f a man and it would be unfair to have her compete against women who don't have that advantage. We separate the Olympics by sex because of the physical differences between men and women, not the social differences so it doesn't matter if you are socially s woman, if you are physically a man you must compete wit other men.

• Of course not.

I stop watching Olympics a long time ago and if I didn't I would definitely stop watching now. Transgender woman is not a woman. Transgender man is not a man. Therefore they should not be allowed to compete in the any sex other than the one they are BORN with. This stays true even with surgery.

• Just because no

Nope nope nope nope nope Nope nope nope nope nopeNope nope nope nope nopeNope nope nope nope nopeNope nope nope nope nopeNope nope nope nope nopeNope nope nope nope nopeNope nope nope nope nopeNope nope nope nope nopeNope nope nope nope nopeNope nope nope nope nopeNope nope nope nope nopeNope nope nope nope nopeNope nope nope nope nope

• Use Some Common Sense!!

This seem stupid. I'm not a scientist and I don't know all the facts but it doesn't take a genius to understand how this could affect the women's support. I'll use athletics as an example

Men are faster than women. Fact. Incase you didn't know, men are naturally born with features that women don't that make them faster. This is why the fastest man is faster than the fastest woman. The top 10 men are faster than top 10 women. Men throw further, jump higher and further. Simply saying 'the Testosterone level will be lowered is not enough.
    Male hearts grow faster.
    Women have lower red blood cells counts
    These aren't things that change with training.

It's a shame, because this I'll be ignored until the day when someone of Tyson Fury/ Usain Bolt/ Chris Froome's skill becomes a transgender woman. Only then will people see what mistake they've just made.