Do you agree with the Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs on blood transfusions?

• No I don't

If someone is dying and they have a lack of blood people should be able to donate blood to them and nobody should have to just die because jehovah witness belive that people shouldn't donate blood and if someone wants to stay alive and keep living they should have the right to have you donate blood to them

• I do not agree with the Jehovah's Witness stance on blood transfusions.

Jehovah's Witnesses refuse blood transfusions on the grounds that it is against Biblical teaching. They state that the Bible instructs people to abstain from blood. I disagree with this from both a medical and religious standpoint. From a medical standpoint, blood transfusions can be lifesaving and necessary. From a religious standpoint, the Bible verses they quote all relate to consuming blood, not receiving blood transfusions. The verses referenced would lead more to being vegetarian than to not receiving blood transfusions.

• Why Would you be Against Life Saving Techniques?

Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs are completely personal and should not be judged. That being said. blood transfusions are a perfectly safe and wonderful advancement from modern technology. Turning away lifesaving helps seems backwards and strange in this era. Especially members that are two old or young to make decisions on medical procedures themselves.

• Blood Transfusions Save Lives

Jehovah's Witnesses believe ingesting blood, even intravenously, is against God's will. As such, Jehovah's Witnesses are against all forms of blood transfusions even if such procedures could save lives. Followers neither donate nor accept blood. There are medically-proven facts that blood transfusions save lives on a daily basis, so I would disagree with the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• They are important

No, I do not believe in the Jehovah witness belief that having a blood transfusion goes against the bible verse that says you can not ingest blood. When a persons life is on the line, and they need blood, it is not a sin to save their life with blood.

• No I Don't

I have witnessed first had the bad side effects regarding Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs against blood transfusions. I believe this can cloud better judgment in serious medical issues and end up harming people who do not need to be harmed by such strict standards. This is particularly bad when parents thrust their beliefs on their children, even when they are dying of cancer.