Do you believe '12 Years a Slave' has lived up to the awards show hype?

• '12 Years a Slave' does live up to the awards show hype.

While many other movies received more awards this season, the only one that truly matters is the Oscar for 'Best Picture', which '12 Years a Slave' won. Lupita Nyong'o's win for 'Best Actress in Supporting Role' only solidified the respect the Academy had for the movie. Individual awards may bring bragging rights to a movie but nothing compares like the respect that is bestowed upon the winner of 'Best Picture'.

• Yes '12 Years A Slave' has lived to its selection as Best Motion Picture.

The selection of '12 Years A Slave' as Best Motion Picture was not matter studio hype. The storyline and the performances of the actors all combined to make the movie well deserving of the Oscar for Best Motion Picture. The movie in fact did have some high powered sponsors. Brad Pitt's production company, Plan B Entertainment, backed the project and the movie received unpaid endorsements by celebrities such as Kanye West and Sean "Puffy" Combs.

• Yes, it was a great movie.

Yes, "12 Years a Slave" lived up to the awards show hype, as it was a great movie. The story was powerful and the acting was top-notch. Lupita deserved her Oscar win and the movie as a whole was the best film of the year, so it deserved the recognition it received.

• No, 12 Years A Slave has not lived up to the hype.

I do not believe that 12 Years A Slave has lived up to the awards show hype. While it is a good movie, I do not think that it is as good as some people have been saying it is. I think that film is a little flat at times on material. I also do not think it should have won the Oscar for best movies.