Do you believe anti-Muslim violence is a direct response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks?

• Yes, anti-Muslim violence is due to 9/11.

I definitely think that some of the anti-Muslim violence occurring is due to the terrorist attacks of the 9/11 tragedy. I think that while not all attacks are due to it, a lot of it are. Some people still cannot disconnect the tragedy from people who follow the faith of Islam.

• Anti-Muslim violence is a direct response to 9/11

It is my opinion that any anti-Muslim violence that took place after 9/11 is a direct response of that attack on U.S. soil. I feel that day left many Americans afraid of Muslim extremists, and that they now project that fear of terrorism onto Muslims that are not violent or extreme.

• Anti-Muslim violence is a response to 9/11.

Yes, I believe violence against Muslims is primarily occurring as a direct response to what transpired on September 11, 2011. Many people felt hurt, angry and threatened, and many people are blaming all Muslims without even giving a second though to the various Muslim sects that exist. People are responding blindly in anger.

• No, anti-Muslim violence cannot be reduced to a 9/11 response.

No, it would be entirely inaccurate to reduce the presence of anti-Muslim violence, either modern-day or historical events, by explaining them simply as responses to the 9/11 attacks on the United States. Anti-Muslim violence has existed for centuries, far before 2001, and it arises from multiple sources, some of which are themselves aligned against the United States. Retaliation for 9/11 may have caused some attacks, but by no means has it caused all of them.

• Anti- Muslim violence is not a direct response to 9/11.

Violence against Muslims has existed for centuries, and it is not a direct response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Throughout history there have been examples of persecution of muslims. The most notable example is the Crusades, where Christians attempted to regain Jerusalam from the muslims who lived there. There are hundreds of examples both modern and ancient from all over the world, and all throughout history.