Do you believe basic rights will be undermined with the Digital Economy Bill?

• Basic Rights will be Undermined

The Digital Economy Bill is just another attempt to undermine basic rights in this country. More and more legislation is being passed to usurp personal freedom under the guises of safety or economic equality. The fact is many within our government want to track us and control us more fully.

• There's nothing in the bill about, or that would effect, rights.

No, I do not believe that anyone's basic rights would ever be undermined with the Digital Economy Bill. After having a quick review of this bill, I fail to see where rights of any kind would be abridged in any way. Sometimes, people get worked up imagining they are losing rights they never held in the first place.

• It's modeled after France's bill.

No, I do not believe that basic rights will be undermined with the Digital Economy Bill, because the Digital Economy Bill is modeled after the one in France, which seems to be working well. The most controversial part of the Digital Economy Bill is that which pertains to copyright laws, and which seeks to strike a balance through a series of warning systems. That upholds the rights of all.

• It Is Doubtful

The Digital Economy Bill is something the United Kingdom passed in 2010 and I do not think it undermines basic human rights. I believe it might censure what some people have come to expect as rights, but that doesn't mean they actually deserve the designation of a basic right, which is quite different in my opinion.

• No, I don't think so.

From what I have seen of this legislation thus far, the digital economy bill will not erode the basic rights of people. If anything, it provides some protections. I have not looked through the entire bill yet, but as of now, it seems like it will actually be a good law.