Do you believe Brazil will be changed via the protests it is experiencing?

• Brazil will be significantly changed due to the protests that they are experiencing.

Yes, it is likely that Brazil will be changed via the protests that are occurring. People are really upset with government spending and their attempt to show opulence on the international stage. They've been spending a lot on the upcoming World Cup games and Brazilians would rather see that money go for the citizens (for example for education).

• the protests is experiencing

I personally agree,FOUR years ago this newspaper put on its cover a picture of the statue of Christ the Redeemer ascending like a rocket from Rio de Janeiro’s Corcovado mountain, under the rubric “Brazil takes off”. The economy, having stabilised under Fernando Henrique Cardoso in the mid-1990s, accelerated under Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva in the early 2000s. It barely stumbled after the Lehman collapse in 2008 and in 2010 grew by 7.5%, its strongest performance in a quarter-century. To add to the magic, Brazil was awarded both next year’s football World Cup and the summer 2016 Olympics. On the strength of all that, Lula persuaded voters in the same year to choose as president his technocratic protégée, Dilma Rousseff.

• No, I don't think Brazil will be changed due to the protests.

I support people's rights to protest. And I think that it is great that people who live in a country like Brazil has the ability to do that. Unfortunately, I do not see the protests in that country doing much to change the government and policies of that place since it is pretty corrupt.

• Brazil Will Be Change

I personally think that the protests there are going to do any good, and I think that the people that are in them are just wasting their time. I think that the government should just go ahead and put a stop to them today and end it all. The journalists wait in a sidewalk restaurant, cinching tight the straps on combat helmets, screwing in filters to Israeli-made gas masks. Waiters in white jackets and black ties refill glasses and take orders, business as usual. They move easily over the cobblestones, not looking twice when a customer at one of the outdoor tables straps on body armor.

• not at all

No, I do not think that the protests there are going to do any good, and I think that the people that are in them are just wasting their time. I think that the government shoud just go ahead and put a stop to them today and end it all.