Do you believe calorie counts on food labels are trustworthy?

• Food labels are accurate.

Calorie counts on food labels are trustworthy. This is because the foods have to pass lab tests to get the information. They also have to have proof of the accuracy in lab sheets. While recipes can very by small degrees time-to-time. people should be rest assured that food labels are accurate.

• Yes They Are

I believe calorie counts on food labels are trustworthy. I believe it is possible that they aren't 100% accurate but they can give you a very good idea of how many calories are in a food item. I think without these labels it would be more difficult to make proper choices.

• Yes, for the most part.

Calorie counts always have to be taken with a grain of salt because companies would rather say that they have less rather than more calories in their products and because there is no such thing as exact measurement in this. Still, it seems that for the most part they are pretty close to what they say, tho I'd always add a percentage more.

• Yes they are

Yes, I do think that they give you a whole lot trustier than people think, and that if you go off of what they say then you will get a really good guess at what is in your food, and what percentage of your daily intake is coming from this.

• No, calorie counts on food labels are trustworthy.

No, calorie counts on food labels are not trustworthy because the government only requires the calories listed to be close to the actual number of calories in the item. An investigation conducted by in May of 2013 found calorie counts on packages to be inaccurate by as much as 90 calories.