Do you believe child offenders would be better served with tougher punishments?

• I believe child offenders would be better served with tougher punishments.

I believe child offenders would be better served with tougher punishments. I think that we would not have as many offenders or repeat offenders if they served tougher punishments for their actions. I think many would think twice about committing the crime in the first place if they knew that they were going to be hit with a harsh sentence.

• Child offenders should get tougher punishments

I do believe that child offenders would be better served with tougher punishments. Child offenders barely even receive punishments, which makes no sense to me. If the punishments were stricter, maybe there would be less instances of these crimes. Instead, people are not worried about anything because they know all they will get is a slap on the wrist. It's not a good thing.

• Child Offender Punishment

I definitely agree that Child Offender should receive a harsher punishment because it is cruel, ignorant , disgusting and inappropriate what these people do, I think anyone that harms a child should be getting life or the death sentence you don't have the right mind to be in the public

• No, child offenders would not be better served with tougher punishments

Child offenders would not be better served with tougher punishments because many times punishments do not accomplish the goal of changing the problem behaviors in the children. Child offenders would be better served by delving into the environmental or psychological reasons for the behaviors and placing them in situations where they can learn better ways of handling themselves. Tougher punishments could put them into environments where they were exposed to older offenders which would do little or nothing to accomplish the goal of eventually having the child offender grow to be a productive citizen and could actually make them worse offenders in the future.

• No, with more help.

When there is a child offender, it usually means something has gone very wrong in that young person's life. He or she does not necessarily need more punishment, but might very well need more help. We should think of punishment time as educational and rehab time for a young person.