Do you believe citizenship should be obtained immediately if a person is born in the country?

• Born In The Country

I personally think that This process is called "acquisition" of citizenship. Third, you can be a citizen through the naturalization process, which generally involves applying for, and passing, a citizenship test. Lastly, you may be a citizen if one or both of your parents have been naturalized. This is called "derivation" of citizenship.

• Citizenship is important

Citizenship should be obtained at birth if a person is born in that country but that person shuld not take it for granted. Many people do that understand the great benefit they have by being born in America. Some illegal immigrants come to this country so they can give birth here.

• Yes It Should

I believe citizenship should be obtained immediately if a person is born in the country. I believe this should be a basic, global law since countries with different or varying rules could lead to some people having no original country of origination and citizenship. I believe where a person is born should determine their citizenship rights.

• Where you are born does not dictate your citizenship.

Those people born to American families or families that have earned their citizenship have the right to call their children Americans. Illegal aliens who have a child on US soil should not be able to claim the child is an American. The fundamentals of hard work and dedication are not included in popping out on the right side of a border. This also leads to the separation of families and confusing custody responsibilities.

• It creates anchor babies.

No, I do not believe that citizenship should be obtained immediately if a person is born in the country, because it creates incentives for people to come to a certain country to give birth to their children. Also, depending on the immigration policy, an anchor baby can be the ticket for all family members to come to a country.