Do you believe computer scientists will eventually replace software systems that use object-oriented programming?

• Things will always change.

Yes, I believe that computer scientists will eventually replace software systems that use object-oriented programming, because there are so many different types of programming languages right now that something will have to give to replace them. I think it will all eventually center around HTML and Java, since those are the English and French of programming.

• I expect lots of things to change

The great thing about progress, it's always moving forward. Personally, i'm a futurist, i plan on living forever, uploaded somewhere, and i suspect we're going to need a whole lot of new ways of looking at programming and operating systems as we move forward toward quantum computing and sorting and working with what today is nearly unimaginable amounts of data.

• Technology is always changing.

I believe computer scientists will eventually replace software systems that use object-oriented programming. This is because technology is always changing and there are constant updates to programming language and orientation. It is possible we could replace our current software systems into another form of programming within 15 to 20 years.

• Not really going to happen

No because computers and robots are going to take over eventually. We are getting lazier and people are only good at certain things. Where a software system can analyze things much faster than what we are really seeing that is happening in this world. Robocop is going to become real and be the next police officer walking the streets.

• I don't think scientists will replace software systems that use object-oriented programming

Scientists will never be able to replace software systems that use object-oriented programming. The basic code functions of computers are based on object-oriented programming, and I don't see how they will be able to replace that system. Every computer has an objective and a goal, it is made with the sole purpose to satisfy and help its user, so I don't see how computers can be different in that sense.