Do you believe DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) Should be Kept?

Asked by: taohz2
  • Punishing kids for their parents mistake is wrong

I don't think punishing people who were kids when their parents brought them here is the way to deal with the issue. Abolishing DACA does nothing positive for anyone involved in the debate. We need to have DACA extended and make sure the young people who are in the program are given a path to citizenship.
    Throwing these kids out with no place to go is more than wrong. It's evil. Many of them can't speak the language of the country they were born in. They know nothing about the country they were born in.
    This is a dangerous and wrong headed way to deal with this issue.

• It wasn't their choice to be here.

Most kids who are under DACA were brought here at an incredibly young age. They were not the ones who decided to leave their original country, it was their parents decision. It would also cost the government billions of dollars to deport all of the DACA recipients. It would also end up having serious repercussions on the economy For most teenagers or kids under DACA it is the only real thing that allows them to have a semi normal life. Without DACA they could not get their drivers license or a proper job. With DACA they can do all of that now. Its just better to keep DACA the way it is.

• This is my personal opinion so it might not all be right

DACA is a program meant to help those that require for it, and just because it’s “illegal” it has benefited so many people. The program is meant to allow illegal immigrants who qualify to be able to live here in u.S, people who are running away from their own country for various reason like war, racism, and poverty. In my opinion, DACA was established to help those people who need it, I don’t see how DACA negatively affect anyone but those that are racist. Ending DACA will affect more than just deporting some people, it will affect families, the economy, and how the world see the united states. Some say that DACA is illegal, which can be justified but if it helps people and the economy is it really considered illegal? Since when is helping our society and economy illegal?

• These are Students.

These kids were brought at an age when they didn't know they were breaking the law, some never knew they weren't American Citizens until they were older, hell some don't even speak their first language. These children pay taxes go to school work obtain licenses and stimulate the economy buying houses, cars and consumer goods. I've meet two Illegal aliens in my life one owned a house and another a car respectively through DACA. They payed taxes had high paying skilled jobs and had love for our country. These people have never committed crimes, nor questioned the government when they were asked to hand all of their information over. If these young students, fathers, mothers aren't allowed to be Americans I don't know who is.

• There are many people all over the world who would like to come here and can't.

There are many people all over the world who would like to come here and can't. We can't take in everyone. Why should the ones who come illegally be allowed to stay? They should go back to their country and get in line and do what needs to be done to get here. That's what my great-great grandparents did.