• Tanglible Real? No

Debt isn't real in a tangible sense, but it does come with consequences, so it is part of reality. I have debt, it is very real. The paper money I make is real and I have to send it to my debtors because I owe them money. Of course debt is real, as real as it needs to be.

• Yes, debt is real.

I believe that debt is real. While the concept is something that is based on the trust and belief that two parties have agreed to a sum of money that one owes the other, I think that it is something that is important for society to believe in. People cannot just think that they can borrow money without paying for it.

• Debt is Real

Debt is a very real concept. Debt is an obligation to pay for a good or service. Whenever debt is originated, there is an underlying transaction that validates the debt. There is also usually documentation signed by both parties that evidences that a transaction has taken place. With such physical documentation and acknowledgment, debt must be considered real.

• Taking what you can't pay for.

Yes, I believe that debt is real, because when someone gives you something, like credit, they can give it to you with a condition. Credit, also known as debt, is taking something that you want or need when you don't have the money to pay for it. This makes you owe the person who gave it to you. That is real

• Debt is an intangible

The concept of "I owe" has no physical basis in anything. It is only as real as other mental constructs, like human morals and emotions. If you are a moral anti-realist/non-cognitivist, then it follows that debt is tautological by nature; it can only exist as a self-same assertion of its existence. Debt cannot be expressed as a proposition in formal logic. It is, effectively, unfalsifiable and uncountable. What is real and quantifiable is the time, labor, and resources that people put into goods and services. These observations also apply to money, stocks, bonds, certificates of deposit, derivatives, and other such allegedly-tangible assets. What most people call assets are not assets at all, but the promise of assets; an icon of trust or faith that can be transferred back and forth like some manner of idol or talisman. The economy, as we know it, is an entirely psychological process. People are entirely capable of productive work without being paid for it; money merely acts as a kind of reassurance that can be passed from one hand to the next.