Do you believe Democracy is dependent on free press?

• Yes It Is

I believe Democracy is dependent on free press. I believe this is a problem the United States is dealing with right now. I believe the United States has pressured our major media providers into not covering certain topics. I feel like this is a grave disservice and it negatively impacts democracy.

• Yes, I think Democracy is dependent on free press.

I think a free press is vitial to democracy, the people of the nation need to be getting fair and accurate information from the media so they can make informed decisions at the ballot box on who they are going to elect, if the media is misleading and covering for the Government it leads to an uninformed public which is very bad in Democracy.

• Free press is needed in a democracy.

Free press and free speech is an important part of democracy. The press shouldn't be allowed to harass people like they do a lot of the time. It is important, however, that they are allowed to express opinions, views, and report the news freely so the public can know what is going on around them.

• It's one of the reasons we have flourished.

I think that a free press is one of the main reasons that Democracy has flourished where I live. Granted, the freedom of the press only means the person who owns the press is free to print what they want. But I think we have enough alternative news sources and blogs now that promote transparency and keep our government honest.

• Democracy Depends on Free People

Democracy depends upon free people, which includes freedom of the press. Democracy depends on the will of the people who have freedom to go about their daily business with minimal government intrusions. Freedom of the press is one aspect of democracy, but it isn't the only facet of freedom that makes this kind of government work.