Do you believe evidence acquired through wire tapping or interception should be allowed in court?

• Yes, as long as it is warranted.

If the wire tap or interception had a legal warrant granted by a judge, then yes, it should be allowed in a court of law as evidence. Especially if it is completely incriminating. I understand individiaul rights, but sometimes people just need to be busted for the betterment of society.

• Yes, I believe evidence acquired through wire tapping should be allowed in court.

As long as the authorities had legal approval to put the wire tap in place then I believe any information or intelligence gotten from it should be allowed to be used in a court of law, I think that we get the true story when individuals don't know they are being watched.

• Evidence acquired through wire tapping or interception should be allowed in court.

Surveillance through wire tapping or interception is one of the most useful tools law enforcement has in facilitating the effective prosecution of criminals. Many crimes would go unprosecuted and unpunished if it weren't for these methods. The world would be a much darker, seedier place if law enforcement didn't have the option of surveillance.

• No, wire tapping amounts to a person testifying against himself.

Evidence from call interceptions and wire tapping should not be allowed in court, because it amounts to a defendant testifying against himself. If you cannot prove a case against a person without recording his own conversations, then you need to let it rest. There is a lot we can do with technology that ought not to be done, and this is one of them. I have had phone conversations that might seem ambiguous to an outside listener, and without the context of the whole conversation, and the whole history of who I am, could seem to be questionable. It is not right that a person could find themselves in trouble over something they said.

• No it shouldn't

No because it was not recorded in a way that is ethical. When you record a phone conversation technically both parties are supposed to be aware that the call is being recorded. If it acquired illegally no it should not be allowed to be used in the court of law.