Do you believe ghettos in England are comparable to ghettos in Czechoslovakia?

• Yes They Are

I believe ghettos are comparable in most parts of the developed world so those between England and Czechoslovakia should be comparable in many ways. Czechoslovakia ghettos are more than likely worse since the area has been more exposed to turmoil over the years. Ghettos are something people usually want to ignore but understanding that they are often the same, regardless of region or area, is very important.

• There are ghettos everywhere.

Yes, I believe that the ghettos in England are comparable to ghettos in Czechoslovakia, because they are both terrible places to live. First of all, Czechoslovakia has not existed in a while. It is now Slovakia and the Czech Republic. Second, a ghetto is always going to seem bad by comparison, because the other parts of town are nicer, in both countries.

• There is no Czechoslovakia

The former nation state of Czechoslovakia broke up during the Velvet Divorce where the Czech Republic (also known as Czechia, in fact their president says he prefers it when english speakers call it that) and Slovakia went their separate ways. So of course they are not comparable. One country exists and the other does not.

• Life is not perfect for the poor in England, however they have it better off

Than in countries like Czechoslovakia. In England there are programs for the poor that you won't find in the Lowlands of Scotland or Denmark. The poorest English people are better off than the poorest Lowlander or Dane. So yes, I believe the ghettos in England are a step up from the ghettos of many countries outside.

• Ghettos around the world are not comparable

The dismissive term "ghetto" does not do enough to make clear the varieties of experience and different forms of life that happen in various poor areas surrounding cities of the world. It is clear that urban poverty is a serious problem, as all major cities have poor areas. But they are not comparable.

• No, I do not think they are

I don't think they are as bad as people think,Russia is far worse off than the ghettos in England. The country still has a lot to go through, after the curtain fell, they have a lot of catching up to do. I think if the world gets worse, they may match them though.

• No, I don't think ghettos in England are comparable to ghettos in Czechosolvakia.

The ghettos is England may have poor living conditions but overall England is a rich nation and the majority of people there have access to basic services and an overall okay quality of life, in Czechoslovakia the situation is different, the nation is much poorer and those living in ghettos may lack the basic necessities such as electricity or heating.