Do you believe governments should implement a fat tax on fast food?

• Yes, they should and it very well could happen.

We like fast food because it is A) quick service B) it is everywhere C) it is cheep D) try to deny it, but it tastes good.
    You may say that we shouldn't tax it because because it is the staple food of the lower classes, but it isn't. Research proves that it is the middle class that eats the most fast food, because they can afford the lack of nutrients in the food because most of their other meals have enough. The poorer class is more likely to pay a bit more to get all their needs fulfilled. Therefore profits would not decrease, and neither would the consumption. There is also taxes on fresh produce that do not apply to fast food, so we are not judging people by what they eat. Since the middle class is the one consuming the majority of the fast food, they are more willing to pay the tax. After looking around a bit, I found that there is talk of a tax being put in place. It would go towards the health care system, which would help those who are suffering from the effects of this food and other maladies.

• Yes they should, but it will never happen.

Yes tax the unhealthy food because these are the foods that the Government will put all of their little hidden fructose, sucralose, etc into these and they put artificial food coloring into them. The government tests things out on the people that consume this food. But we all know this will never happen because of the fact that our Government is too busy poisoning us with GMO foods and hamburger patties being made in a petri dish also.

• No, people should not be penalized for what they choose to eat.

No, the government should not tax fast food, as what person chooses to eat is a personal decision. People should have the right to choose what is best for them and their health without pressure from the government. It is not the government's place to penalize someone for making an unhealthy decision, especially because infrequent consumption of fast food is not detrimental to anyone's health. A fat tax would not be able to differentiate between habitual fast food eaters and people who stop for a burger once a month.

• No, I don't think the Government should implement a fat tax on fast food.

While I think that fast food is very unhealthy and likely costs our health system billions in health problems I think a better solution would be for the Government to run a public education campaign to educate people of how bad fast food is for a person but I feel that they should still be allowed to purchase it anyway if they chose to do so, I don't think a fat tax would do much besides anger people.

• No They Shouldn't

I believe the American public is taxed to death, so adding unnecessary taxes seems wrong to me. I do not think we should turn to a system where we tax items based solely on the fact that some people do not like the product being offered. A fat tax should not exist.

• Fat Tax is Unnecessary

Many adults may come home after a long, hard day of work and then decide they should reward themselves. So, this person may go to the store and buy some candy. Only to realize that it is three dollars more than last week. This does not need to happen and will not solve any problem it aspires to.

• It's our choice to choose.

Everyone has the freedom of eating. They have the right to eat what they want. Implementing a fat tax would just mean that the citizens will riot. They want to eat what they want with a cheap price. The government has no right to infringe on someone's rights by imposing a fat tax. Therefore, the government should not implement a fat tax.

• No, a fast food fat tax is not necessary

Using a fast food fat tax is not going to solve the problems of obesity or nutrition for anyone. All world cultures have different structures for their diets and what is considered healthy food or eating habits. Therefore, a fast food tax would only be as relevant as the culture it is being utilized within.