Do you believe gun owners should get a psychiatry exam before owning a firearm?

• Lives can be saved

Today in America one of the biggest issues is guy violence . In one weekend in Chicago, 47 people were shot. One weekend. If we can work harder on making it harder for people to buy guns or other weapons, lives can be saved. Like some people said, the ownership of a weapon should be taken as a privilege , not a luxury.

• IT Can't Hurt

Many people will hate the idea, but if they are a stable person, then they should have nothing to worry about. It does not to be like the way the CIA does their psychiatry tests, but just thorough enough to be safe. Of course, people's mental stability can change at anytime with the way this world is.

• It could help

Given the power of guns, their ownership shouldbe treated as a privilege, or at least a revokable right. If a person does not have the mental competency or the emotional stability to take special care of a gun then they should not be given the privilege of owning a gun.

• Yes, gun owners should get a psychiatry exam before owning a firearm.

I think that gun owners should get a psychiatric exam before being able to buy and own a firearm. I think such a policy might help avoid some problems and issues in the future. I think that it is important that guns are not sold to people that might have mental disorder.

• not at all

no, i think that the only thing that they need to do is a background check, and that it is not needed to have a psychiatry exam before you can get a gun, since this is just taking it a little to far and we do not need it now.

• I do not believe gun owners should get a psychiatry exam prior to owning a firearm.

As an American, I feel that the 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution guarantees law-abiding citizens the right to keep and bear arms. This is a God-given right that should not be impeded by government legislation. I feel that requiring a psychiatric exam for gun ownership would be a blatant attempt to interfere with that right.