Do you believe high gas prices can be blamed directly on the president of the United States?

• Look at what has happened.

Yes, I believe that high gas prices can be blamed directly on the president, because he has cut down on domestic drilling. He will not allow offshore drilling and he will not allow the keystone pipeline. Gas prices have doubled under his term. Imagine if that had happened to Bush. People would have gone nuts.

• Yes, high gas prices can be blamed on the president.

I think that high gas prices can be blamed on the president of the United States. I think that the president of the United States is responsible for a lot of the policies and regulations concerning the economy and trade. If gas prices are high, it's because some of the policies of the president have failed.

• President has nothing to do with it

That is just a right wing talking point. This is another way how they get people to hate Obama. If people really want to go that route. The gas prices really started to rise under Bush. He had nothing to do with it either. The gas prices are set from a global level. Wall Street has more of an effect on gas prices than the President does.

• No, Obama is not to blame.

Obama does not have any control over high gas prices. The price of gasoline is out of the president’s control, and should be blamed on the tension with Iran, and conflict in Syria, and increased demand from China and other countries as the real issue here. Obama even wants to push towards generating energy friendly cars to fix the problem.

• I do not believe high gas prices can be blamed directly on the president of the United States.

I do not believe high gas prices can be blamed directly on the president of the United States. Ultimately the prices of gas are based on the decision of the suppliers, which tend to be countries in the Middle East. The president of the United States has a limited role in determining the price of gas in the United States.