Do you believe human aren't necessary to depend on religion ?

Asked by: stephannoi
  • Religion outweight cons more than pro

I do think that there are more disadvantage than advantage that comes from religion.No.Human don't need religion.Because religious people tend to be greedy about having power over citizen and this could easily lead to manipulation and manipulation.There are religious beliefs that i would considered as wrong such as no gays rights.

• Religion plays no part in creating a better society

People are capable of making moral choices without religion. To believe otherwise is denying part of our own humanity.
    We are beautiful and complex and existed before religion.
    Religion saved us in the past because we needed structure (which our governments now provide) but it never made us good, that comes from nature.
    There will always be good and bad people, religion doesn't make a difference.

• Yes,human are smart enough

I don't think human necessary to depend on religion.We are smart enough.Laws and philosophy are actually enough.Also i would say that religion lead to many conflict around the world.Not to mention,for example in islamic countries where there is the most violent and civil wars in the world.Yes would say we

• Other way around.

Tribes territories and nations come and go with or without religion. Clearly nations can exist without it as well. With so many atheists, clearly they survive without religion. Though religion has been the cause of some nations to rise, it has also been why they fall as well. As you can see, humans are not dependent on religion, but religions are dependent on humans. Would any religion exist without us?

• Religion should be abolished

Human aren't necessary depend on religion,and it would be better if religion does not exist in the first place.Look at countries such all over islamic countries??The situation there isn't getting better only worse,and it's also one of the most violent countries.Homosexuals have no right and they are being executed,it's bad.

• How many have died for religion?

Humans can live without religion. Does religion bring with it good morals? Sometimes, yes. But just as often, it's the exact opposite. Religious wars, the crusades, religious sacrifices... Religion is responsible for the deaths of countless lives, all of whom could have offered so much to humanity. Humanity could live without religion. However, we would need something to replace our training in religion- and that's empathy training. Religion is useful in that it gives us a moral base. If we can substitute that- and I believe we could- humanity needs not rely on religion. Religion sets people apart. If everyone could agree to having morality lessons in school, teaching what's right and wrong, life would actually drastically improve for many.

• We need God, not pope!

I apply a simple logic to the origin of human, which is that like robot and computer are designed and created by human, human itself is designed and created by a higher species - which we call God. As a shepherd knows his sheep, a designer knows every little detail of the thing he designed, therefore God knows all weaknesses and strengths of human and can tell right from wrong, while we ourselves are still exploring the unknown. That's why we need to lean on God's wisdom rather than our own understanding of things. Religion, on the other hand, is just blind worship of a false idol which God clearly forbids by the second commandment. The conclusion is, human should stay humble only before God - the creator, who represents the ultimate truth and knowledge. All practitioners of any religion are but men who are no greater than God, as no servant is greater than his master.

• Religion isn't necessary

At the beginning, there was God. That statement in itself is a whole other debate, assessing the paradoxes and evaluating the reality of the statement. Whether it is true or not, people have been following this statement as the truth, without the need for evidence. God has always been "real" and therefore has always been an excuse for hundreds of wars, which still continue today, and all of them following different deities made up by different cultures, but the same reasons - to enforce their will on others, and make others believe that theirs is the real one.

Religion has also held back progress many times, though a famous example being the different visions of the solar system. One vision was that the Earth was at the centre of the universe, accepted by the church, and the latter one, where the Earth was in fact orbiting around the sun, came later. This model was disregard by the church and therefore other mathematicians and philosophers, and even the study and continuation of it was outlawed. Obviously later on, this model was proved right, and then widely accepted.

Religion is also a sort of government, but it is not a democracy. The religious people follow the word of God, but the word is passed through the head of the religion like the pope to every one else. Especially in the past, the pope would basically be the right hand man to the monarch, who was also religious and obeyed the word of God, even if that meant a holy crusade. In religion, the word is that if you don't over God, believe in him or sin, you would go to hell. These days, the most innocent people are babies who haven't been able to do much maybe except cry, sleep and eat. People aren't allowed to be gay, are supposed to wear modest clothing and cannot be gluttonous. Amongst many other things.
    Referring to the topic of being gay, people have murdered with prejudice, without logical reason.

So to sum the argument up in a single word, yes.

• Yes to a certain extent

We can defiantly live without religion, I like to base my life on basic logic but I also think we need religion to certain extent. I like to believe their is someone watching out their for all of us, who ever it might we are not alone. I think today's society lack in basic logic and ethics. We have no respect for one another anymore, and by the looks of it, relgion, the way we look, the things we do, who we are, are always going to bother somebody. So i say ethics before religion.

Posted by: inry
  • Yes to a certain extent

Posted by: inry
  • Don't think so.

If history teaches us anything, it's that humans are incapable of ruling wisely. At least over the long term. I believe that, with very few exceptions, every nation was founded on religious principles. When that country abandoned its religious principles, its eventual destruction was assured. You cannot have a strong moral base without religion. Without it, you have something similar to what America has become. A nation that believes that anything is permitted. I could give countless examples.

• Our beliefs run this world

Our beliefs run our worlds, which is ourselves. Without beliefs, the US would not be as it is today. Also , mankind is not smart enough. If we were, we would one mindset but we always fight over things that worry us. So we are not smart enough. So trust in God and our world will be a better stead to live in.

• Why is Religion Important?

Religion is the one element of life that has connected the races and societies of the world for hundreds of years. It has given meaning to lives that may seem otherwise hopeless. Religion has provided for a universal language and culture among those who believe in a higher power. The spirit or being receiving the worship and praise may not be the same, but the practices are usually similar and serve the same purpose--to give direction, insight, courage, and a divine connection.

In today's world, there are many different ways to get involved in religion; various methods have attracted groups of all ages and races. One popular association is FCA or Fellowship of Christian Athletes. This particular group has helped me to find Christ in my own life. There are a lot of unconventional activities to help the younger generations get involved. Some of these activities included Death Week, which focused on death and pain, meetings about family and divorce, lectures to help people reach for their goals, and encouragement speakers. There is a great deal of fun incorporated into all the seriousness, though. We went on ski trips, did missionary work, and put on skits. All of these activities involved Christ in some way, and helped the younger generation to realize that being spiritual was not 'uncool.'; When I attended the FCA meetings, it was the one time that I actually felt free from all my problems. FCA helped me to find my spiritual self and gave me a sense of completion.

Religion is the main source of morals and values today. I feel like many people today are not following the word of God. I think that religion is overlooked, and not taught enough. For example, colleges, high schools, and many other places are not even allowed to pray, teach or preach the word of the bible. I feel like that is a problem in the United States today. It has had the effect of more violence, problems in families, and the non- education of the younger generation. I feel that though religion is choice, it should be introduced, because many don't even get the opportunity to learn about it. It is very important to me, yet has not really ever been shown or taught to me in the home. I have become a Christian, and expressed myself, because I chose to. It was in some way introduced to me, and I'm thankful for that.

Religion provides strength, values, and a word to follow. It is expressed in many different ways in many varieties of people. It is a sense of togetherness and connection to certain cultures.