• We are sinful.

Yes, I believe that humanity is inherently evil, because humans have been responsible for carrying out far more harm to each other than natural disasters ever have. The Bible says that, "The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked; who can know it?" We have an evil side to humanity.

• Evil on the whole but not evenly distributed...

Peak iq for street thug type criminality is 85. This is well documented. What is less well documented is a second peak in criminality of the white collar variety around iq 125-130. This is my own hypothesis. In between these two groups you have average iq people who are easily led and these correspond to the middle class roughly. So it's like a sandwich of evil. Above iq 135 criminality drops due to realizations of universal value and the pettiness of ones own brief existence. Someone with an iq of 160 is far more likely to be working on a new theory of physics than trying to bilk investors of millions, lead a totalitarian political movement, or perform unnecessary surgery for extra money. So in summary, most of humanity sucks and is evil but there is hope at the very top of the iq spectrum. Perhaps humanity might one day evolve into an overman like species with an average iq of 200. It would certainly be a different world and it's the one thought which gives me hope.

• If you are not outraged, you are not paying attention.

Even most of the people involved in cherity are hiding behind it in ultimate self service to their ego. There are very little good selfless acts that are commited by humanity. I would put the number of truly good humans and actions somwhere around 1%. Even young children are inherintly evil, as they constantly have to have their behavior corrected. You never have to teach a child to act bad, as they do this instinctively. However you have to constantly persuade them to act good. Every child I witness whose parents claim is a perfect angel, has plenty of witnesses to the contrary. I think what allows evil to exist is because of humanitys tendency to deny the evil even exists.

• Yes we are

And we choose to ignore it because we cannot face the fact that we may actually not be good, morally sound people.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . .

• We are out to serve number one, ourselves.

When I see the question, I see a question that asks if people have the tendency to do wrong. That is everyone. We have all done bad things before. By inherent evil, I think it means that we are born with the want to do bad things. Our surrounding do not matter at all, it is just us.

• Yes, and we are blind to it.

We have all the intelligence in the world. We lack connection with our more primitive side. It is this primitive side that seeks balance amongst our surroundings. We, by design, do not coexist with nature. We are arrogant. We want dominate So we destroy and plunder, but our complicated, over-analyzing minds cannot see that what we do is evil. It is difficult for us to perceive that we are simply organisms. And we are equal to all other life forms, and in no way exceed them in worth. We think trivial matters are actually good reasons to slaughter our fellow man. We have created a small, yet enticing world to entertain our restless, ravenous minds. And in this world we are greedy, deceitful, and arrogant. But we are also dominant. We are the dictators of Earth. No dictator exists without evil. But we don't mind, because in this world we have created, we are constantly entertained and no longer bored. It is easy to be blind our slow destruction of Earth (the only know habitable planet that we absolutely rely on) when we finally have money, technology and trivial matters to distract us.

• Greedy, Evil, Whatever You Want To Call It

I believe humanity is inherently evil. I believe people are far more likely to be greedy and self serving, than be the opposite. I believe people like the capitalist economy because they feel it could give them to power to rule over others. If we aren't inherently evil then it must be the money.

• There is no good or bad

Life is bad to begin with in the whole energy survival domnation mechanisme. Bad in the Sense that things Hurt us and others in nature because this is the way nature works. Or discontent is a very product of survival. The end result is also things we like or have high morale in. And religion art glory awe and all the light. Sinds the beginning of humanity we want to risé above this base level of living. Hence religion ideals laws keeping us in check for our moraliteit obligation even if we dont feel like it. In the end a man is split in his Will. The observation of the Will and the acting out. That what devine me personaly is consciousness not the state i am born in. And have a hard time reconsiling with nor do i give in to it or cast my will off. If life wasnt about survival people would Just want joy. Who doesnt want peace hapiness glory content

• Yes and no

The average child isn't evil or good. They learn by seeing us. Similar to how children don't see race they see another kid. There are bad apples but by and large humanity has good intentions. However the Holy Bible says all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Sin is counted in such things like even passing thoughts of lust that don't appear to us(as in we can't see minor bad thoughts and we all have things we want to say that we don't either out of concern for ourselves(against an idiot boss) or concern for others(a friend making a boneheaded move for instance)).

• Of course not.

Humanity is most certainly not inherently evil, but also is not inherently good. People are molded by their upbringing, a child born into an LA street gang is more likely than not going to be inherently "evil", whereas a child raised by Oprah is going to likely be less inherently evil and more inherently good.

• I believe that we have an infinite capacity for evil, but that we are not inherently evil.

When we are born, we know nothing. We simply trust our mother to protect us and care for us implicitly. As we grow and learn, we develop our values and beliefs. I believe that it is our choices and values, in addition to our genetic makeup that make us who we are.
    Throughout history, mankind has produced both horrific monsters such as Genghis Khan, Adolf Hitler and Mao Zedong, as well as great humanitarians such as Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr, and Mother Teresa. We have seen that we have the capacity for great horrors, but we have also seen the we have the potential for great and selfless acts of courage. It is my firm belief that even the worst monsters in history could have been good, and that the paragons of human history could have been evil. Our values and our choices define us.

• No, humanity is not evil.

I do not think that humanity is inherently evil. I think that while it is easy for a lot of people to act evil and be evil towards each other, I do not think that most people are evil. I think that most people are just scared to try to be anything but better than what they are.

• Not at all

I truly believe that the average person does strive to be good and just make their way through the world. I think that there are evil people and they will stop at nothing to hurt others to get their ways, but that is not the average person. We are good people.