• We are sinful.

Yes, I believe that humanity is inherently evil, because humans have been responsible for carrying out far more harm to each other than natural disasters ever have. The Bible says that, "The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked; who can know it?" We have an evil side to humanity.

• Yes we are

And we choose to ignore it because we cannot face the fact that we may actually not be good, morally sound people.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . .

• We are out to serve number one, ourselves.

When I see the question, I see a question that asks if people have the tendency to do wrong. That is everyone. We have all done bad things before. By inherent evil, I think it means that we are born with the want to do bad things. Our surrounding do not matter at all, it is just us.

• Yes, and we are blind to it.

We have all the intelligence in the world. We lack connection with our more primitive side. It is this primitive side that seeks balance amongst our surroundings. We, by design, do not coexist with nature. We are arrogant. We want dominate So we destroy and plunder, but our complicated, over-analyzing minds cannot see that what we do is evil. It is difficult for us to perceive that we are simply organisms. And we are equal to all other life forms, and in no way exceed them in worth. We think trivial matters are actually good reasons to slaughter our fellow man. We have created a small, yet enticing world to entertain our restless, ravenous minds. And in this world we are greedy, deceitful, and arrogant. But we are also dominant. We are the dictators of Earth. No dictator exists without evil. But we don't mind, because in this world we have created, we are constantly entertained and no longer bored. It is easy to be blind our slow destruction of Earth (the only know habitable planet that we absolutely rely on) when we finally have money, technology and trivial matters to distract us.

• Greedy, Evil, Whatever You Want To Call It

I believe humanity is inherently evil. I believe people are far more likely to be greedy and self serving, than be the opposite. I believe people like the capitalist economy because they feel it could give them to power to rule over others. If we aren't inherently evil then it must be the money.

• Of course not.

Humanity is most certainly not inherently evil, but also is not inherently good. People are molded by their upbringing, a child born into an LA street gang is more likely than not going to be inherently "evil", whereas a child raised by Oprah is going to likely be less inherently evil and more inherently good.

• I believe that we have an infinite capacity for evil, but that we are not inherently evil.

When we are born, we know nothing. We simply trust our mother to protect us and care for us implicitly. As we grow and learn, we develop our values and beliefs. I believe that it is our choices and values, in addition to our genetic makeup that make us who we are.
    Throughout history, mankind has produced both horrific monsters such as Genghis Khan, Adolf Hitler and Mao Zedong, as well as great humanitarians such as Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr, and Mother Teresa. We have seen that we have the capacity for great horrors, but we have also seen the we have the potential for great and selfless acts of courage. It is my firm belief that even the worst monsters in history could have been good, and that the paragons of human history could have been evil. Our values and our choices define us.

• No, humanity is not evil.

I do not think that humanity is inherently evil. I think that while it is easy for a lot of people to act evil and be evil towards each other, I do not think that most people are evil. I think that most people are just scared to try to be anything but better than what they are.

• Not at all

I truly believe that the average person does strive to be good and just make their way through the world. I think that there are evil people and they will stop at nothing to hurt others to get their ways, but that is not the average person. We are good people.