Do you believe humans are capable of changing natural systems to meet our needs?

• To A Degree

I believe humans are capable of changing natural systems to meet our needs. However, I think in doing this we are simply causing problems that will surface later on down the road. In the end, I think nature really rules over us and any changes we do make will end up harming us.

• Yes, we are.

We have already changed natural systems to meet our needs. When we chopped down a tree to fashion it into lumber and used it to build our houses, we changed the natural systems to suit ourselves. When we made roads during Ancient Roman times, we used rocks to suit our own needs. Harnessing electricity and using fossil fuels are other good examples.

• Yes we are

Look at what we have already done to many rivers across the nation, by building huge dams to make lakes and things that are for our own use. Humans are very good at completely changing a natural system just so that we can meet a need that we think we need.

• Humans with Changes with Natural Systems

I personally think that humans are not capable for changing natural systems to meet our needs because that is up to nature which is the higher power that is able to change natural systems. I personally think that humans are not capable for changing natural systems to meet our needs because that it is a natural change that humans cannot change.

• No, not too much.

Of course we have changed natural systems to meet our needs since the first days of our evolution, but we now see that some of those changes are back firing on us. So it behooves us to be a little more humble in the face of nature and not try to change everything but also to adapt.