Do you believe humans are like a virus to the planet Earth?

• The Earth has lost half its animals already

Ecosystems and animals that have taken millions of years to evolve are dissapearing faster than at anytime since a giant meteorite hit the Earth destroying the dinosaurs. We are a plague. We could control our population but we are too disorganised and stubborn and generally only change our behaviour when its too late.

• Those who disagree have provided zero supporting evidence.

If you are convinced that Humans are NOT like a virus, these please support your conviction with some evidence? All I see is "No we are not" and "How can you think that?" Blah blah blah.

However, from this side I see good evidence presented that supports Humans as virus-like.

• Humans bring nothing positive to the planet.

All we do is cause destruction. It's because of either one of two reasons, people are not informed of the damage they are doing to the planet or they just don't care and sadly it's both. People need a real awakening. I really hope one day to be that awakening we all need.

• Yes we are

Yes, humans are not doing anything but damage to this planet. We are killing off all of the other species, and doing things to the environment that are going to one day ruin the planet so that there is nothing left of it for us to even live on safely.

• Yes, humans are a virus to the planet Earth.

If you were to think about it, humans do not benefit the Earth in any way. The only thing humans do are take and exploit the natural resources of the planet for our own benefit. It cannot be argued that humans are making the planet healthier. That is why humans can be considered a virus.

• The bug of the world

Simple logic, we destroy everything around us in order to create a unnatural habitat to live in. We consume all that is good and natural and spew toxic waste back into the environment. All other species on this plane live in balance with nature except us, that's not natural. We always end up destroying what be inhabit and what we create, that shows we are not in possession of a Devine spark. We failed gods test and there will be a reaping of our miserable souls, that is the least we deserve for our infectious selves.

• Human behaviour matches that of a parasite, or virus.

Humans start, multiply, populate a space, use up its resources, and either the host kills us or we kill the host. By trying to make earth last longer, (with renewable energy) we are making its death come closer. Humanity has no reason to live, and we should not exist. Our only purpose is to destroy each other and our surroundings, believing that we are doing it for a better cause.

• Humans are result of genetic defect.

All Life forms are manifestation of DNA. Life forms only purpose is to guarantee DNA's survival through replication. Because of a genetic defect humans live too long past reproducing and are destroying a large portion of DNA's manifestations. DNA will correct the defect over time and will not be destroyed.

• Just empty monsters

Humanity.. I have seen its like all my life. I've attained more wisdom then any human collects by his end there is no good and evil only pure and impure, the soul of a human hurts like a beast is thriving on torture the corruption is too much. Everything is DEAD. Nothing feels the way father intended here. Humanity claims what is crazy and what is not they put a label on reality and claim they know reality. Such audacity. They attach to petty bonds and hurt others for those bonds. Even when they have the chance to stand up for true wisdom they choose to torture especially the ones with morals they have the blackest souls. Humans scare me beyond words I've been at their mercy. They feel nothing they care for nothing but their own desires which is just gluttonous greed. I am not a soul that hates in anyway I love the trees, animals, creatures but humanity is nothingness. They never choose the reasons why they were truly put here such as love and beauty, they spit on love desicrate it over petty attachments and never open their eyes. Humans were meant to survive through fire so that they would gain true inner strength but they have no passion they run and cling to their pitiful world the moment true pain hits them the moment they should face father's true meaning of life they scream inside and out and suggest they know better than father. There is no forgiving that regardless of all their petty religions father could have wiped all of this clean and all of humanity clean at anytime but he didn't he spared your kind he showed mercy something that humanity has never shown and... He was wrong he knows that now humanity constantly makes father out to be all powerful but he is just a being that had passion he sought to create we wanted to see the beauty of mortals existing through fire but humanity has shown him darkness and corruption.

• I say that we are a virus

I think that we are a virus because we keep on spreading and make more of us and it is like a virus because we are making more of us and when we get to a place we we consume and consume then we trash it and leave it all over the place.

• Viruses are nonliving things

While it is true that humans have taken advantage of earth's resources, we cannot possibly be a virus due to the simple requirement that virus's need to be non-living. It is a metaphor for the way that we treat our planet, but not something to be taken as actual fact.

• The Earth's Cycle

Those who are bringing up the comment about "We created Global Warming" haven't researched the earth's cycles. Just compare the earth to what it's been like for thousands of years and you will SEE that the earth goes through phases of different temperatures, amounts of water vs. Land... etc. It's all a natural part of the earth that MOST people are ignorant about. Look it up.

• Humans are the most useless, selfish, ignorant and most disgusting species on earth.

I have never seen a selfish race such as the human race itself. So useless. We don't do anything. All we do is eat, shit, eat, sleep, and fuck only to bring another asshole or bitch onto this earth so we can continue to take and take and take and take. Not to mention we are selfish as well. We take animals their homes just so we can live in peace. We don't care about anything else other than ourselves and our useless families that get in the way. And we continue to destroy despite the facts being warned to us. And we never listen, we are always right and never wrong. Fuck I hate being a human so much. Get rid of me now!

• Motive of the species.

I've never seen a virus create a preserve so that it could play there one day with their grandchildren. Humans on average create more than we destroy. Also, thinking of humans as purely an earthly creature will one day be a very primitive idea. We do a lot for other species, both plant and animal, that a pure virus otherwise would have taken no concern with preserving or enhancing its existence.

• No, it's insane to call humans a virus

I couldn't disagree more strongly with the statement that humans are like a virus to the planet Earth. I can't understand how any rational person could believe that. Human beings have a spark of divinity in us. We reason, we feel, we create. We're capable of magnificent achievement and heartbreaking beauty.

I knew a smart young woman who went off to college -- Reed College in Oregon -- and came back telling me that we should cancel the space program because humans were like a virus and we should be restricted to our own planet. I said to her, "You should contact the president of your college and ask if you can get your money back, because they've filled your head with a bunch of nonsense."

• The Planet Earth

I personally think that viral infection, however we won't be destroying our host. The host will destroy us, even if we do everything we can to avoid it. Volcanoes will erupt, asteroids will hit the planet, tsunamis, earthquakes...the only question is if we will destroy ourselves before the planet does.

• No humans are not a virus to the Earth. More like parasites on the Earth.

Although we could be considered damaging to the earth's environment and other living things, we are not a "virus to the earth". With time a Virus incapacitates or kills the host. The earth has survived far greater disasters than the human being. She was here before we came, she'll be here, replenished, when we are long long gone. Global warming is a natural occurence, the caps will melt, sea levels will rise, and that would happen with or without humans. The problem is we think we are greater than we are, as if the world's future depended on us. Lol imagine that, silly humans.

• In most ways, yes. However...

In so many ways, the human species is certainly destructive and very much resembles a virus. We are driven it seems by a single-minded, insatiable hunger to consume. We consume everything we can with a reckless abandon and disregard for consequences. We devour resources and breed based upon desires even though we know we should not. The reason I voted NO is that unlike a virus, it seems we lack the ability to adapt. Viruses are notorious for mutation and adaptation. Winnowing dead end gene pools and furthering the strong. Also, despite our talent for destruction, the wreckage we leave behind when we have achieved our doom and gone extinct, will most surely flourish once again. We aren't capable of dooming the Earth, just ourselves along with a lot of collateral damage.

• We are part of earth's ecology!

Regardless of how anyone believes we came to inhabit earth, we're here....Forever. Yes, I believe we should be more conscientious of keeping the planet clean and pollution-free for the current and future humans, but I do not believe we're a virus. If we are, we're a virus that is meant to be a part of earth. Why do we have to punish each other for "living"???? Life is a journey and a learning experience. Hopefully one day we will have a majority consensus to have more respect for our environment so that we don't have to breathe smog and walk through trash, but we are part of the cycle and the earth will be around for millenia, even if humans destroy themselves.

• Check your history

Take a look at whos changing what and for what. Is it that people are this way or being made this way. Why is it that people are being told to consume, indulge, and waste across the board. Ask Dow to cut it out, ask ComEd to shut it down. How about this change the program and people change their channel. CHANGE THE PROGRAMMING!!!!!!!