• Yes, I believe in a soul.

I personally and spiritually believe there is a part of the self that exists beyond the body and has existed prior to the body. Call it my religious bias or whatever, but it is an idea I find most intriguing and, well, I love the idea of an eternal soul.

• I do believe in the soul.

I believe the human soul is all of the excessive amounts of energy our brains hold. The soul would hold our memories, and would be manifest as conscious energy. I believe that God is the only being that was like that from his beginning, and that all intelligent life forms are destined to become as he is after death. This is what I think it means when the Bible says we are created in his image. It is not a physical resemblance, it is a spiritual and mental resemblance that we share with God.

• We are more than a biological construct.

All of our atoms in our bodies recycle every 5 years. This means that every 5 years we are a 100% completely different person. If this is true then how do we still have the same memories and personality traits. Sure it is all encoded in our brains and our DNA but if you don't believe in a soul then how do you explain our existence at all. We must be something because we have consciousness. If you say we have no soul and we are nothing then there is technically no difference between us and any other collection of atoms. To say that we have no soul in my mind is to say we are nothing. Which may be true at least on the atomic level but in the macro scale of things we are something vastly different than everything. If we are just a collection of atoms, then the question remains, Why?

• I dont believe in a soul

Really this comes down to terminology. What do we mean by soul? Some part of ourselves that lives on after our death? That seems unreasonable, and ever more important unfounded. If by soul you mean our conscious, then we have a naturalistic explanation for our that phenomenon. I can see the appeal of believing in a soul, but that doesn't carry much weight for me.

• I don't believe in a soul in the religious sense.

I believe that each living thing comes from and goes back into nature. When you die that's it, your consciousness as you know it ceases to exist. I do not believe that we continue on as souls who have only lost our physical form to gates in the sky or fire in the ground. That's all just archaic nonsense from someone's imagination, intriguing as it is.

• I don't believe in a soul.

I think it's a lovely idea, but I don't think it's a rational thought. Individuals seem to define souls as one of two things; an immortal essence that lives on after the body perishes, or one's moral compass. If we're simply referring to the latter, then I 'believe' I suppose - although I simply refer to that as (obviously) morale or conscience. With regards to the former, however, I feel that it's just a fantastical story and hope for which the population to desperately cling for fear of death and cease being.

• I don't believe in a soul.