• Yes, I believe

Opposing stem cell research, I would say, is like opposing trash furnaces because it burns trash. The stem cells commonly used are ones that are marked for medical waste. You’re not killing a baby or even a potential baby, you’re recycling medical waste to benefit humanity. My opinion is that the same amount or more people will still die from diseases and viruses without stem cell research, will it, it may end in finding cures for things resulting in a gain in lives saved. Hence, I am for stem cell research and society should accept stem cells as stem cells save many lives having the remarkable potential to develop into many different cell types in the body. Serving as a sort of repair system for the body, they can theoretically divide without limit to replenish other cells as long as the person or animal is still alive. When a stem cell divides, each new cell has the potential to either remain a stem cell or become another type of cell with a more specialized function, such as a muscle cell, a red blood cell, or a brain cell.

• Embryonic Stem Cells have a far greater potential than adult stem cells.

When an embryo is a few days old it contains pluripotent cells. These cells have the potential of becoming 220 different cell types that are found in the human body. Whereas adult stem cells have a limit to the types of cells they can differentiate into. Many people believe that the use of embryonic stem cells is ethically wrong because it is basically murdering a human/potential human, have not first understood that there are people in the world who are already suffering and dying, and the embryo doesn't even need to be fertilized. If you were in a car accident and severed your spinal cord would your view on this topic miraculously differ?

• I believe in embryonic stem cell research if embryos are not grown to harvest stem cells

As long as embryos are not being grown for the sake of embryonic stem cell harvesting, I support this. There is something inherently disgusting in the idea of harvesting them from embryos being grown for this purpose. However if stem cells were taken from aborted embryos, this would not be a problem for me.

• Yes, i do support them!

Did you know that with stem cells, there is a way for people to grow new limbs? Some people think stem cells aren’t a good thing! Soon you will learn why they are wrong! They can help people move again and they can help people grow a limb. Mostly they can help save lives.
    To start it off, stem cells can help cure paralysis. There is a dog named Jasper, he got hit by a car and the neurons in his spinal cord broke apart. Since it broke in the lower part of his body, he couldn’t move his back legs. Because of STEM CELLS, they were able to regrow a new spinal cord for him. Soon he recovered! I know that if you put yourself in his shoes, you would like to move again!
    Furthermore, stem cells can also grow people who are without a limb a limb! What would your reaction be if somebody helped you grow a limb you had lost? It would take some time to get used to, but it would make your body function way better. It would also make you way happier.
    In addition to all of that, It can save lives! Stem cells can help you grow hearts, lungs, even spinal cords! If somebody in your family or a friend passes away, how would you feel? All it takes is to let them use stem cells.
    However, some people I found on “Debate.Org” would say, “It’s playing god”. They also say, “You’re killing babies by taking them from them.” But none of these are true.
    First off, if it is “playing god” then why would he make it possible in the first place. To add to that, it isn’t killing babies! They don’t even take them from babies! In fact, they aren’t even needed in our bodies! They are extra!
    As you can see, There is nothing wrong with the study of stem cells! They can help cure paralysis and can grow people a new limb. So you should probably put yourself in other people’s shoes who are in need!

• Yes, I believe

• No, I do not support embryonic cell research.

I personally don't support embryonic cell research for various reasons. One of the main reasons is that it destroys human life. Another reason is the danger--stem cells of any kind may reproduce uncontrollably, and uncontrollable cell division can lead to cancer (hyperplasia). However, a more important reason is that stem cells may be more likely to work if they are one's own stem cells. This is less likely to be controversial, since adult stem cells can potentially be changed to be pluripotent and thus work like embryonic stem cells.