• Yes, in a way.

Going from personal anecdotal evidence I have to say 'yes' but caution it with a 'not really'.

3 months ago I met someone new and felt an immediate connection with her. The very second I saw her I felt like I had known her forever. Here's the difficult part. I was already taken so couldn't pursue the relationship. I've had many sleepless nights since dealing with the guilt of this powerful connection to another woman.

Is it love? In my case probably not. It's nothing like the real love I feel for my wife. Is it just lust? No, strangely enough, even though I have many guilty day dreams about this woman, they haven't been sexual.

So what is it. I suspect something about this woman triggered some unconscious part of my brain to start releasing the same hormones that you produce when "in love". I've no doubt had I been in a position where I could nurture those feelings it would have quickly developed into real love... But since I'm fighting them instead it hasn't really matured.

I suspect love-at-first sight may be just the love hormones being released subconsciously in the brain. Thus it feels like love and sort of is love, but it isn't the complete thing. It can.Become the full package but doesn't start that way.

• It. Is. Real.

I think it is all in the eye contact. You can see someone around the place all the time and just not really notice them until one day. You look into their eyes properly for the first time and you both just know. From then on every time you make eye contact, it is as if you are sharing secret thoughts and feelings with each other. For a few magical seconds while you are both looking at each other you know you have to get to know this person. It feels desperate, the most important thing in the world. It is love at first sight but not based on good looks or a nice body or whatever else you might think. It is so real.

• It. Is. Real.

• Yes i tell you y

I was in 8th grade and i fell in love with a girl (i wont tell u the name)
    the first time i saw her make me fell instance fellings for her in the first
    time i saw her and i bet millions of people fell the same felling too

• Love at first site is for real

Ill tell you why its real because I'm living it. Well a little over 5 years ago I met my wife through a friend and the second I saw he I said to him I'm going to marry her today, tomorrow, next week, year or 10 years. Point is I would marry her. Well we got together may off 2011 and wed 4 months later to the day in September and now are still very happily married for 5 years. I wouldn't change a thing and I'm still in love with her as much as when I first saw her and more.

• How I Know

Okay, so I believe in love at first sight for many reasons actually. Lets start off with one. Say if your pregnant you go to get an ultrasound done and you see that living breathing creature inside of you, and once its born you are so in love with this person, this stranger. It cant talk to you quite yet but you know damn well your going to love that child without a doubt. Second reason, same thing with a pet you take on a love for animal and basically call it your family. Third reason. When my mom first met my dad she almost immediately told her friends "I'm going to marry that man." They've been together for 20 years now and still are going strong and trust me they've been through so much you'd think they would be over. Those are my reasons why.

• Love is love

Okay, so you look at some one and you think you like that person, that is still love, if you look at your grandma for the first time, you still love her. You look at your pet for the first time, you still love them. You look at a celeb, you still love that person. You look at a random attractive person, why is it any different?

• Yesss ok ok

Happened 2 me ewjfnjwnfjw jdfnjdnfjn jdn n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n nnn n n n n nn

• Definitely A Possibility

If we can chose our pets and love them at first sight why can't we do that with our significant other. It's not like it's going to kill us, our brains and hearts do their best to match us with someone we are compatible with whether in mind or looks, either way without that first moment of attraction, what else would people write about or how would we found the people we are suppose to be with

• I believe there is love at first sight.

I myself have never experienced this before, but physical appearance does play a big role when building relationships. I'm not saying that looking is more important than personality traits and inner qualities but if he/she is not attractive from the outside, I think you won't sense that special feeling of wanting to get to know him/her better at the first place.

• Its impossible to love at first sight.

When one thinks of love they should think of it in the most intimate sense. Love cannot be thrown around because it is far more that an emotion or a feeling, its a state of being. Being in love does not essentially mean thinking of that person nonstop, being attracted to that person. Its a metaphysical connection of the soul. When you love someone you take into account all of their flaws and all of their promising aspects and chose to take them as they are. Love involves acceptance, and by that I mean that you love someone fully not halfheartedly. Love at first sight is impossible, because you don't know who that person is, they don't have a sign with everything about them on it. All you see is the exterior and you can like the way someone looks but you can't love them when you first see them. When you say you love someone you're insinuating that you love what they look like as well as who they are, if you don't know that then you cant love someone. Love without knowledge is not love at all, its lust and desire to know more. I'm 16 and even I know this....

• Love is not in the air

You cant just go looking at every guy or girl thinking that it is live at first sight. You have to get to know the person first before you think you love them. You want to now what their personality is. If you see a really pretty girl or a handsome guy, and later find out that they are complete jerks, then that will suck for you and you will be heart broken.

• You have to get to know them

If you claim to love someone at first site, that's exactly it. You only love the first glimpse of them. You don't actually know them yet. They could be an ax murderer or something, or they might actually be a nice person. My point is, you don't really know them, so its not true love.

• I kind of agree yet disagree SOCIAL MEDIA GIVES AN UNREALISTIC DEFINITION OF LOVE.

I'm not saying that I don't believe in love at first sight and I am not saying that I do. I feel that social media influences teens ways of loving a young man or women. For example just girly things tumblr post, "Best friends make the best relationships, feeling like you belong in his arms, hope that your relationships never ends, bad boys<3" These are some of the quotes I found of just girly things. I feel that the more people start to believe in that bad boys are cute or best friends make the best relationships, they began to search for those guys to be in a relationship. Once they search for it, then it wouldn't be considered love at first sight. Everyone is different in what they love, but when you are told what to love, then it wouldn't be considered love at first sight. Before we start to ask if we believe in love at first sight lets ask what love is?

• It does not happen?

You dont know about anything about that person. What do you share with that person? Love takes understanding, trust and time to develop. It feels like you want to become a better person for that person and accepting everything of that person. Doing it with just one look? Really? ~ ALJQ

• You Can't Look at a Person For the First Time and Call it Love

It is not possible to fall in love at first sight. It is called lust or desire. It's lust because don't know the person. You don't have a clue about their personality. Of course you could guess but they could be totally different on the inside. Spending time with the person is the best way to know if you're in love. If they were a mass murder would you love them then???

• It is NOT REAL.

For example, you saw a girl/boy and instantly admired her and you would even say "I'm in love." and then suddenly he/she was hit by a car. Would you cry? Would you mourn to death? NO. Because you don' know him/her at all. Yes, you get attracted at first sight but you can't call it love just because he/she is physically perfect for you.

• Love at first night is not real.

Love at first sight is not real simply because you can't love a person just by how they look. You fall in love when you get to know the person and know their personality. You may be attracted at first sight but not love. It's simple, you can't fall in love with looks.

• Love is not real

No one I know has tried to claim that they have fallen in love at first site because like me many people do not believe in it. People who claim to have fallen in love at first site often do not stay together very long. I do not believe in love at first site because you have to know the person first, there are books of fairy tales, and others do not believe in it. Love is not based on how someone looks but on how the 2 people are similar and complement each other. If love were based on looks every girl would fall in love with the same guy and every guy would fall in love with the same girl. Plus one can look amazing yet have a heart of sewage and be nothing like the man you imagined you would fall in love with. The saying, do not judge a book by its cover, is very prevalent here. There are also books of fairy tales if the concept of love at first site were true we would have no need for these stories instead we would read the real thing. As it is there are no or very few true books about “love at first site”. Imagine if love at first site was real we would have no need for dating, the first person people dated would be there husband, and couples would get married much faster. Love at first site is not real it is simply lust.

• Love at first sight is not true.

Love at first sight is not called love, its called lust. When I met this one girl, I thought she was pretty, but I wasn't in LOVE with her. But after I talked to her and became friends with her, I started to like her more and more, and now I love her with all my heart. When you see someone who's really "hot" its not "love" at first sight.