• Yes, marriage is good.

I believe in marriage. Marriage is a continuous journey where two people have to keep getting to know each other. I'm not saying its going to be perfect, no, but it is worth it. When you don't marry you will never be able to settle with someone, because no one is perfect. You will always try to find someone better, in the end it is about what you can bring to your loved one and not what you get from him/her.

Love is something that grows, and both partners should be willing to love and support. They should think about what they can do for that person, and not what they can do for them. I believe if you do so, both will be happy in a marriage because it is equal and supportive.

• A decision to marry

Happiness in a marriage is a special moment choice. A decision to love, to forgive, to honor, grow and grow old together. There's nothing nobler or more admirable than 2 people who are best friends for a lifetime in marriage. I'm a wife of 15 years to my first love and his first love.

• Marriage is just bad.

If a relationship is working then applying legal stuff to it will not help it. As it has been mentioned, there are too many potential dangers to getting married. People want to believe they'll meet a perfect person that will prove why marriage is great, but I've yet to know a genuinely happily married couple. They may stay together due to financial issues, and/or age, but it's never due to having this perfect relationship that is claimed to convince society to get married. Great relationships can have enough pressure and break-ups are hard enough. Including the law in your love life is just crazy.

• Yes, I believe in marriage.

I believe that marriage can still last and be a successful partnership between two people that are in love. If this was not the case, then we would see less people placing value on marriage. However we see that many people rely on each other in a marriage partnership. This is why I believe in marriage.

• Yes, I believe in marriage

I believe in marriage because it is the most important moral act for humanity. From the Bible, a man should unite with a woman and they shall develop a relationship we know as marriage. This is a sacred act that should be protected and this we know is God's will. The U.S. should protect it.

• I believe in marriage.

I do believe in marriage. Marriage is the principal commitment that two people make to each other that says they are totally committed to each. This could be a result of religious background or it can simply be two people declaring their commitment to each other and to live the rest of there live totally committed to each other.

• Yes, I believe in marriage

I believe in marriage from several aspects. First, my faith teaches me that it is essential for the procreation of our society. Second, it shows commitment. It is too easy for two people to live together and not be committed, which ultimately harms the children. Finally, it is necessary from a legal perspective to prove property ownership when a will or other documents are not present.

• I believe in marriage for all.

I believe that marriage is something very important to couples. Not only does it give them the opportunity to show the world how deep their love for each other is, it gives them legal security if something were to happen to them. I do not believe that marriage is only for heterosexual couples, it is something that all consenting adults should be able to enter into.

• Commitment means love?

In A marriage most of the people say is about commitment but for me the word commitment doesn't mean more than to be force to,why?Because you are "committed it".As a matter of fact,I think you shouldn't marry the person you love,when you get married you have to show "commitment" so pretty much you are force to spend the rest of your life with that person as you were force to/engage and in the other hand if you don't marry the person you love means that you decided to be with that person because u want to(waking up,knowing that he/she is not force to be with you) Now,the idea of a paper or a ring can mean how happly in love you are with each other it's just ridiculous, nothing of that should prove how in love you are with each other... In fact,you don't need to prove anything to the society we live in. Marriage is just something that the government wants everyone to do,pretty much marketing/benefits .

• No I do not believe in marriage

For me personally getting married is just a piece of paper in which then the government gets involved. In that case why should a piece of paper tell you that your are happy and fully committed to each other. A piece of paper should not entitle that. You should say if you love, each other. You can be fully committed with out getting married, live until death do us part and such without getting married. If you going to get married I believe it should be for religious reasons only....

• Too much hype and government involvement.

I do not believe in marriage. There is no reason for the government to be involved in people's relationships. If two people want to form a union and have a party to celebrate it, fine.
    The only reason people need to be legally married is so that the government will recognize the union and carry the debts and benefits that go along with the blessing. None of this was necessary prior to our "industrialized" society.

• Marriage is just bad.

• Marriage doesn't do it for me

Marriage is simply a legal joining of two people with a contract so technically it is the same whether people marry since the relationship will still be in existence. A contract paper is no way to prove the love and relationship between two people and the only way to really strengthen a relationship is to continue loving and building up that relationship which in turn will be no different to marriage and could in fact be stronger. Divorce rates a rising and many are left in debt because of it or some are unable to have it due to financial circumstances which is unfortunate and can be dangerous if one party of the marriage lives in a abusive relationship. Marriage can also be loveless and only held together by a contract that would have become meaningless and moreover will prevent either party from leaving and starting a fresh with a new life

• Not for me

I think that marriage can be a great thing for some people. Its a lovely way to show love and commitment. But there are very few people who can make this work. Most people aren't capable of making the commitment, and I think in the end it can just ruin the relationship and make a lot of people unhappy.