• I think they can exist

Why? Becauce just look at fact, theres evuliution! What is humans back to sea? Its posible, for fast swimming they grow tails. So... Very posibly that they can exist. Sea is big theres lot of secrets, we only now about 15% creatures of the sea.

Science. You don't know that it's all it's made out to be. We thought the world was flat. And we also think that mermaids aren't real.

• Why I think I believe

I believe in mermaids because I would love to live in the water but also live on land and I would like to be one and I would love to swim in the oceans and that I have a tail to back me up and I have powers so that's why i believe. I love them and I think they are real.

• You Never Know

No one will ever know. Unless we suddenly become mermaids. Welp, then we'll know they're real, right? I've always believed in what others call fairy tales, because that is my lifeline. Just because there are disbelievers, and 'scientific proof', no one will ever truly think their real. Besides some.

• We don't know

Just think about it. We've only explored 95% of the ocean, seen only a small fraction of sea creatures. There could be anything down there, from mermaids to the lochness monster! Also, there are a lot of sightings that cannot be explained by manatees or hoaxes. I refuse to believe that mermaids aren't real until there is proof that there isn't.

• The ocean is the biggest place on earth. You never know what u will find

Only about 10% of sea creatures are known to man, and the rest is unknown, I don't have a problem believing in mermaids, no one can say than do or don't exist. There's a big ocean out there and there are many places for them to hide!! Plus, you never know what you will find out there

• I think that I have liberty to believe

Although we haven't found real evidence or proof these creatures exist, I believe for the reason that I love the ocean and am fascinated with the idea to swim in the waves,witha tail backing you up.I choose to believe because I really love these creatures and so decide to believe the wonderful tale of both sirens and mermaids.

• No, but it would be cool if they were real.

While I do not believe in mermaids for the simple fact that we have never found one, it would be absolutely amazing if they were real. An Ariel style person fish popping out of the ocean to sing a song of her people is something that every person would love to see.

• No one has managed to produce any real evidence.

I do not believe in mermaids. I think that if mermaids existed, someone would have photographed, or filmed one by now, especially as historically they seemed to make themselves visible to sailors on a regular basis. I think in the past, sailors used to confuse normal sea creatures as being mermaids.

• I do not believe in mermaids.

I do not believe in mermaids. I think that mermaids are just like any other fairy tale that children are lead to believe in. I think that Disney was the ones that invented the mermaid and bought them to life for children to enjoy but I do not personally believe in them.

• No I Do Not

I believe there are many different things in the oceans that we have yet to discover, but I do not believe in mermaids. If a mermaid like fish lives in the ocean it is unlikely to be as we envision them and they certainly would not be half human. Mermaids are from stories, literature, and tales.

• Physically impossible for them to exist.

There is no evidence to support them. And they can't exist a mermaid is a half human half fish creature with the top half human and the bottom half fish tail. But if the top half were to be human then it would get crushed by the weight instantly unless it had developed bones to support the weight of the sea. Then there wouldn't be enough space for organs in the upper body. Then even after that the eating system wouldn't work because if they ate and used the energy to move the waste products would then not be able to be excreted since the bottom half would be fish and wouldn't have the necessary organs to do that, so a mermaid couldn't work unless the top half was something other than human but then it wouldn't be a mermaid so they can't exist.