Do you believe in never showing your weakness?

Asked by: Adam2isback
  • No one is perfect.

People make themselves appear to be stronger by hiding up their shortcomings and so as to keep free from threats.But it doesn't mean that we could never express the real up and downs to our most intimate friends and family. And in some cooperative occasion, showing weaknesses to team members help arrange team tasks more properly.

Posted by: Mion
  • I plan before I speak

Just a little while ago someone was trying to use misinterpreted word against me, but I clearly saw through their attempt and used their attempts against them. I'm someone who plans ahead and knows my move before I do it. So I say never show your weakness to anyone. Lol

• An Ancient Technique of Survival

All the opponent needs is one falter to know how to take you down. This can be true in both physical and verbal disputes. A verbal mistake can give your opponent a look into who you are, what you stand for, and what would crush you. This can also be used to your advantage, both by spotting your opponent's weakness, or by feinting a fake weakness to lure your enemy into a trap, as set by you. At the same time, showing weakness can be a way of showing trust to loved ones.

• You can't hide a weakness all the time

The main reason you should show your weakness is because if you don't, no one can help you fix it.

Also most weakness in character or sports or whatever are rather noticeable by other peers.

I will provide examples backing this up.

1. If you are on the basketball team you might be a good shooter but not as good in passing, or a good dribbler but not as good at shooting, your other players and your coaches will notice this and help you hone that skill.

2. I am in Congress and my main skill is persuasion, and my ability to memorize most of my speech but my weakness is making 3 strong points instead of just 2. IT is very noticeable by the judges even though i try to hide it at times.

• Manlihood in Your Feminine Side.

I believe that showing weakness is a great way for people to learn how to cope with your lifestyle. If not, it can give them ideas on how to help you strengthen the weaknesses. I order to feel better about life and of yourself, you must first change what's holding you back.

• Masculinity has become a label

As written in this website http://runsonmagic.com/2014/05/polygamous-sex-part-11/
    "It is a case of overcompensation — men who imitate men and overdo it. They do everything the image of the aggressive male calls for, but since there is no genuine necessity behind it, they have no sense of proportion. Only because it is the masculine thing to do, they will torture themselves by drinking hard liquor, ruin their health by smoking home-made cigarettes, spend their Saturday afternoon watching football from the sidelines, whistle after blondes, squeeze themselves into uncomfortable sports car bucket seats or fast motorbikes.

In other words, these introverted men repress their need rather than admit it and create a story and narcissistic image that asserts the opposite. “If no one can see my weakness, it must not exist.”"
    Having said that it is evident that men are defined by these labels of "masculinity" based on characteristics pre-determined by societies standards. These standards are often immoral since they demean some and make demagogues of others. One cannot say to another you are not a man for crying or showing any signs of weakness.“To share your weakness is to make yourself vulnerable; to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength.” Says Criss Jamie and i fully and whole heartedly support him

• The word masculinity has become a label

Having said that it is evident that men are defined by these labels of "masculinity" based on characteristics pre-determined by societies standards. These standards are often immoral since they demean some and make demagogues of others. One cannot say to another you are not a man for crying or showing any signs of weakness.“To share your weakness is to make yourself vulnerable; to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength.” Says Criss Jamie and i fully and whole heartedly support him.

• I believe we should show weakness with tact, but to "never" show any is impossible and would remove you from others

The main premise for "never showing your weakness" is that we operate in a competitive, utilitarian world where it's presumed that your weakness, or incompetency will entail an existence of little success. Admittedly, there are many situations, not just in work but family and social employment where you must compose yourself to perform with model, or the highest example of your skills which, results in a masquerade to cover your short comings. However this can only work if you have long-term redemptive or developing qualities, which will come to the fore-front. This is where the fallacy of "never showing your weakness" comes into play, as a performance must have substance to be sustainable. Otherwise a caricature will immerge, which will be seen through by the individual(s) you are trying to ingratiate yourself. For Instance: in any relationship, if you try to hide small shortcomings, the partner will either a) not recognise them or b) see them as you making an effort -either way this develops a rapport and empathy. If you were to compensate for much larger failings you will either a) be seen through and viewed to be cold and autonomous or b) not seen through and suffer 'imposter syndrome', a malady causing you to question yourself and become insecure and deject about yourself.

• No one is perfect.