• Why not belive

If you don't believe it makes life boring. Being christian I have to believe in it but even if i wasn't i still think i would just to make life more enjoyable. It OK not to believe but if you think about it make your life more fun and just believe.

• Bobsta lobsta popsta

Life after Death does not exist God, along with life after death, is not real. I am not looking to cause offence or hurt, but I'm just going to say what I believe so I apologise for any offence taken in advance. If life after death was a true concept, God would be the cause of all this reincarnation etc. I believe God is merely a creation of human imagination and wandering minds. He was created to explain natural disasters and other things that the human race did not understand hundreds of years ago. People believe in God to take a weight off their minds, saying 'my life is in God's hands now' and ' We'll be alright, God is watching over us' etc. It is scientifically impossible for God to exist, and of course 'heaven' and 'hell'. If heaven and hell did exist, what would they be? Parallel universes? Different dimensions? And also, saying that it is not for mortals to know, is another way of saying that YOU don't know. I'm sorry, but there is NO evidence, NO proof, and NO reason to believe in Life after Death.

• I do, actually.

Keep in mind that the question is not "Is there proof for reincarnation". It's whether I believe in it or not, and I do believe in it. There have been cases of "proven" reincarnation, but those are debatable. Ian Stevenson has provided some so-called 'proof' that reincarnation is real [1], but many people are still skeptical. But I am entitled to believe what I believe, and I believe in reincarnation.

Http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/Ian_Stevenson#Case_studies

• Perhaps it's out of desire, but... Yes, in a small part.

I want to believe it is real. I sometimes feel a very strong connection to things I have no reason to. Things like crying nostalgic when I hear a gramophone play a certin song, or meeting someone I could trust from the first word without even a name, those things make me feel really connected to the past. I can't prove it, and in all other regards in a devote atheist... But there is something nawing at me that insists this must be true. Maybe wishful thinking, but what's the harm in it?

• I know things that I didn't know before looking things up

I remember being a young boy living in a village, I can even draw the street I lived on and a bridge over the river splitting the village in two, I have had many flash back's to ww2 I know bombing sites and my death in a aircraft that exploded, something I can check but some I cant Like looking into the boarded up site of a bombed out buildings that I didn't know had been bombed, Standing out side the front of my home with my sisters and parents as queen Victoria's coach came by ,so I truly believe in reincarnation

• Life is a curse

"You" will no longer exists after death but "you" will be reborn with no relation to your past self in another life on this treacherous world.

I know this is really pessimistic, but realistically, you have to work all the time to keep living. And then what is your rewards? Death. And rebirth. And time to start all over again.

So "you" cannot escape life. Death is temporary cure. One can only be cured through the noble eightfold path and enlightenment.

That is my view of the world.

• Only in the material sense.

I do not see any rational basis for belief in the transmigration of souls, or the karmic cycle.

On the other hand, I absolutely believe in the conservation of mass and energy.

Consider:
    A cow eats grass, and that mass and energy of that grass is incorporated into the cow, and the bacteria and fungus that consume the undigested matter of the cow's feces.
    The cow, bacteria, and fungus are alive, therefore the matter that made up the grass (and is now part of the cow, bacteria, and fungus) is alive. This is functionally reincarnation.

The cow is subsequently slaughtered, and I and other people (and bacteria and fungus and ) eat the cow, or parts of it. The matter and energy that constitute the cow are then incorporated into those that consume it. The cow (and the grass) are functionally reincarnated.

• Well, i do believe.

I don't know why i believe in it. I dont even know the reason. But sometimes, the "reincarnation" things make me wonder who i am before i am today. Am i a horse or duck or a president? We never know but if you ask me, i do believe it.

• Dl dl dl

I was raised catholic and went to C.C.D as a child, but even at that age I remember feeling something deep in my core that told me we never die, and never live. Creations no matter what it is never come from nothing. There's a bondage of life and energy that creates something. You have to take account of the fact that we are limited to our 5 senses. Our vision only lets us see a small portion of the electromagnetic spectrum, for example. I believe our bodies are just a holding place for that energy and life. When circumstances are right , there is creation. But again that is just my opinion.

• What about the proof!!!!!!

I mean think about this scientificaly when we die are minds could just be creating images. Like all of the stories of people almost dying and claim to see god what if its a hallucination? BUT what about all the people who have stated to remember past lives? They can even lead you to thing you didn't know existed. Like the girl that found bones of her self and pointed out the murderer AND THOSE BONES WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE IN THE MOUNTAINS!!!! I am not saying i do not believe in god but i do not believe in heaven or hell i believe that god reincarnates you. BUT that is my opinion and you do not have to think my opinion is correct.

• Based on my personal beliefs, I'd say no.

I do believe in eternal life, but not necessarily reincarnation here on Earth. I'm Christian so I see Heaven as being the ultimate place you end up at for the rest of eternity. Although the evidence that I've heard in support of reincarnation is mostly people who claim to actually remember their past life. Kinda spooky to remember something like that. My mother believes in reincarnation but she believes that everytime we are reborn, we are a new species and we work our way up to the final species and that is Humans. So she believes that we've all been every other species already. She's a hypnosis, and she revealed one client to have remember a past life where they were a tree. But as for me, I'm Christian and so I don't really believe it personally but I know their are other religions that do.

• Reincarnation does not exist..

With that being said, I do believe their is an afterlife for the soul. Souls are unique and to think that they come back into this world as another human sounds counter-productive. It is said that their memories get erased when they get reincarnated but that is also false. Human conscience is intertwined with memory so the soul should be able to recall its reincarnation. Unfortunately, I have no evidence and this is purely my opinion. I like to include the law of conservation of energy into this, because it states energy cannot be created or destroyed. Energy is merely transferred, and I believe it is transferred into another higher frequency, or realm. That realm being heaven or some other form of afterlife.

• Where is the evidence?

In my opinion all it is, is just wishful thinking. People for centuries believed these things that would happen to them after they die. The reality of the matter is that we don't know. I would be surprised if someone confronted me and said " I was a citizen in Rome in my past life" or that " I was a bull frog living in some water in my past life". For all we know, when we die, it just turns black and there is nothing for you to experience. For me, it really makes no sense to believe in reincarnation or heaven just because it makes you feel better about death. At the end of the day, there is no evidence/data, only peoples' wishful beliefs.

• Not really. Why ?

Because it seems absurd to me as a logical and critical thinker. I do not believe in either eternal life, life after death or reincarnation on this planet. But this is just me and I do not disapprove of other opinions. It is good to believe and have faith sometimes. It gives you courage I guess

• I believe this is the only life we get.

It may sound disheartening to believe that once you're dead that's it, no more consciousness, no more existence. But the fact that we only have one life makes it that much more valuable, and worth living for the betterment of ourselves as well as others. If there is reincarnation however, I hope to be reincarnated into the past as a dinosaur. Die, be reincarnated as a bird. Die again, be reincarnated as a mammal. Die again, and be reincarnated as an ape like creature. Die again, and be reincarnated as Australopithecus. Die again, and be reincarnated as a Cro magnon. Die again, and be reincarnated as a homo-sapien. Die again, and be reincarnated as an early ancestor. Die again, and be reincarnated as myself. Die again, and be reincarnated into the past as a dinosaur.

• Why would you want to be reincarnated?

Reincarnation is such an evil thought. Why would anyone want to be reincarnated? So we can just keep reliving this painful life over and over? No, thank you. I'll stick to the catholic doctrine. Read "90 minutes in heaven", obviously not all part of the book are believable, but it's the principle.

• Due to not been informed

Due to not been taught as a child I strongly believe that a soul isn't passed on into another body. I am happy to say that I'd like to believe there are spirits but why would this freed spirit then take over another body. I dunno. It just doesn't make sense.

• How can any Bible-believing person believe in reincarnation?

The Bible clearly says that the soul that sinneth shall die. It also says that shall mortal man be more just than God? Meaning, man does not live forever, God does. There are so many scriptures that clearly state that man, his soul, does not live forever. Now a man may live again after death, if resurrected by God. But reincarnation as in dying and coming back as a different person or animal is, in my opinion, nonsense.

• I don't believe in reincarnation..

The fact that you only live once, makes your life so much more valuable and worth living in my opinion. Yes, it may be/sound fun to believe we have past lives and we may come back as some famous or rich person... But it's just not the truth. Please, believe in Jesus and God. I pray to the angels alot and they do answer my prayers.. But whatever believe in what you want, after all it is your life not mine. :)

• I don't believe in reincarnation..