Do you believe in the Mayan prophecy that the world will end on December 21, 2012?

• I can see the past!

We died in 2012. Ironically it was November 24th. Stupid calender! Made perfectly rational new age spiritualists look stupid. I feel that it definitely happened.

Anyway, yeah. We're all dead. It sucks, but oh well. I'm in heaven now; it's kinda lame and God is over weight. Smells like lemons here.

• We are all dead.

Well clearly all of the well reasoned arguments on the other side of the page are wrong. We are all the end of the world happened just as predicted and now we are all dead surprise! Turns out there is no heaven or hell just another place that looks just like our old earth...

• Who's to say. I really don't know if it will or not.

Weirder things have happened who's to say it might not be true for all we know it could happen. We can't see the future and they always do say when there is a beginning there is always an end. Just we don't know when that'll be we could assume that but we will just have to find out cause something sometimes surprises us. But panicking or talking about it really isn't going to tell us if it will. Besides we all seem to take advantage of living never knowing if the world will end or not. Best thing to do is to cope with it little by little just in case the world does happen to end sooner or later and hqve no regrets. I did say no but I am just assuming it might not. This planet could be a ticking time bomb ready to explode or implode.

• Not even the Mayans believed it.

December 21, 2012 represents the end of the Mayan calendar, but there never was any prophecy that the world was going to end on that day. They just didn't feel the need to extend their calendar any more beyond that point. Considering that 2012 was still centuries away when the Mayan culture was thriving, who can blame them for not worrying about it?

• Mayans killed their own to please "gods"

I wouldn't believe the prophecies of people who allegedly thought taking someone's beating heart and burning it as sacrifice would make the weather better. Also, according to the real experts, not once did the Mayans predict that 2012 is the end of the world. They even had dates that go way beyond 2012.

• If the end is this close wouldn't something drastic have happened by now?

I think the end of the world is going to take longer than one day and when it starts we will all know it. I do not believe that the world is ending this year but if we aren't careful we may just bring the end ourselves.

• I do not believe in the Mayan prophecy that the world will end in 2012, especially since the Mayans never actually prophesied that the world will end in 2012.

Mayan scholars have publicly stated that there are no Mayan writings that actually predict the end of the world in 2012. That is when the pre-calculated Mayan calendar ends, but that is likely more coincidence than omen. Furthermore, a number of different "end of days" prophecies have come and gone, throughout the history of man, and I believe that the 12/12/12 prophecy is just another popular myth.

Posted by: ToughEfrain26
  • Hogwash.

This is a stupid story made up by idiots who wanted to make themselves stand out. There is no Nibiru, there will not be a global apocalypse, it's just a ridiculous story whose only scientific merit behind it is that the millenia long calendar of the ancient mayans ends then. Stupid backing, stupid theory, stupid myth.