Do you believe in the saying, you get what you pay for?

• You get what you pay for

You do get what you pay for and it should be that way. Imagine if you did not get what you paid for, there would be know way of knowing what quality of item you are buying. In a capitalist system, the amount that something costs should determine the quality of the product.

• Yes, you do get what you pay for.

Yes, I think that you generally get your money's worth over time. If you pay more for a car, you generally get a higher quality interior, more gadgets, and a longer lasting engine. If you pay more for a meal, you get a more glamorous experience and (hopefully) a sumptuous plate as well.

• To A Degree

I believe there are some things that the saying, you get what you pay for, applies to. Generally, we have tons of products in America that aren't worth the asking price and when that price is lower than expected you can bet the quality of the product is too. Clothing can sometimes fit this motto, cooking ware usually, and a plethora of other products.

• This isn't true for the resale market.

I don't believe that we get what we pay for all the time. This would mean that nothing in the resale market is worthy. For example, we can find a wood coffee table for new for $400, but we can find one used for $100 or less quite often. It could be the same table and we'd get the same use out of it. So many people are scared of buying used though.

• No, I don't believe in the saying "you get what you pay for".

While it is true for the most part, the term "you get what you pay for" isn't always factual. I have at times in my life paid for items and services that far exceeded my expecations and hopes despite te low price I may have paid. I think people just need to be smarter about what they pay for.