Do you believe it is acceptable to ban fur and leather?

• We are in the 21st century, we are supposed to be advance yet we are still so backwards by wearing the remains of dead animals.

In the past when technology was non-existent, utilizing as much of the remains of dead animals was necessary for survival. Fast forward to today with all the technology we have, it is beyond stupid to still be using animal byproducts, we have synthetic materials available to us yet we still choose to kill poor animals for our own stupidity. If you wear the remains of a dead animal then you are essentially a murderer and might as well be wearing the remains of another dead person since humans are just animals.

• And ban meat too

Veganism is common sense. Animals are not here for humans to abuse, exploit, and murder. Drop your speciesism, drop your human superiority complex, stop believing you're better than everyone else. Oh, you wear a dead cow over your shoulders? You must be so cool and edgy! No. You're just an asshole.

• We need to ban that shit, dumb hoes

YAL ALL SOME FUCKING IDIOTS KILLING ANIMALS THE FUCK WRONG WITH YAL, COLDHEARTED ASS PEOPLE , HOW BOUT I KILL YO ASS AND USE YO BALLS FOR EARINGS OR USE YO BOOBS FOR A FUCKING STRESS BALL , YAL NEED TO STFU BECAUSE YOU CANT BE KILLING ANINALS FOR NO DAMN REASON DUMB ASS BITCHES I HOPE THEY ATTACK YOU , IMA CREATE A RABBIT ARMY SO THEY CAN SKIJ YAL ASS TF ALIVE HOW BOUT THAT . 😐 ..... Bitches

• Fur & leather are not PRODUCTS they're BY-PRODUCTS

They're by-products of the meat processing industry and a way to increase its profits while making efficient use of the whole animal. If you were to ban fur and leather you'd have to ban meat as well otherwise the meat processing industry would go bankrupt.
    Proof that leather and fur are by-products is the fact that there are NO cows, or pigs raised exclusively for their leather. Mink, muskrat, and nutrias are raised for their fur, but their meat is used primarily for dog + cat food, which is more profitable for the processors than the fur itself.

• Cruelty is involved

Animals need humans to support their rights not to be abused. We need to exercise our conscience, rather than being slaves to Seventh Avenue's latest trends, which by the way, is pleather. Let's think a little before we adorn ourselves in an innocent animal's abused skin, fur or feathers. Some leather gloves are made of dog leather in China where the animals are not killed first.

• Is it worth it?

Comfort. Luxury. Style. These are all thing in which most humans enjoy. But is it worth the price to pay? Animals are sentient being which have feelings and nerves. It is treacherous to rip the flesh from an animal, and wear it like an accessory. Would you rather rip the skin off of a child, or just use synthetic leather? Some may argue, "It doesn't have the same quality." So what. Humans will develop another synthetic material someday. My question for you is, are your clothes really "clean"?

• Yes, mandatory ban

During early ages, it was an obligation but today we do have other material to save us from the cold!
    Imagine you being killed just for your skin when there are other substitutes! It is stupidity and really very cruel.
    My request to all those who buy leather/ fur goods- first go to the farms and see how the animals are treated for it

• I agree and it's cruel

Animals skinned alive?!
    Animals thrown into piles without their fur?
    I don't think so. People wear fur because they think it's cool, but imagine if an animal hanged you, then skinned YOU alive threw you into a piles of other people that have gone before you. How would you feel?

• I agree. And thats cruel.

Have you guys seen the way that the fur farms do to animals just for us to have fur coats? I think that we have plenty of options to stay warm and we dont need to be killing animals this way. We have to respect animals, im not saying they are equal to us but they have rights as well. So i dont think we should have fur or leather just for fashion.

• Yes, I believe it is acceptable to ban fur and leather.

I do believe it is acceptable to ban fur and leather. Especially with the option of purchasing items made from fake fur and fake leather. I find it cruel and inhumane to kill animals for the sole purpose of their fur and leather. If fur and leather were to be banned, animals lives would be saved.

• The natural way

No, it is not acceptable to ban the making and selling of leather and fur. These things have been used from animals since humans were first started. There is nothing wrong with using animals for things, as long as you use all that you can and kill them in a humane manner.

• Banning Fur and Leather Unacceptable

Banning fur and leather is too much of an encroachment on our rights. While I am not at a fan of wearing fur and I appreciate that leather is also an animal product, the fact is if we ban it we open the door to further encroachment on our rights. For instance, maybe we should all have to be vegan. After all, raising animals for food has also raised some concerns, both environmental and about animal cruelty. And frankly, in some climates only animal skins will shield you from the harsh weather. So banning fur and leather is not acceptable.

• Fur and leather should be allowed.

It is not acceptable to ban fur and leather because animal goods have been worn by people for thousands of years. They are actually better for the environment than wearing artificially made materials such as pleather and polyester. While animal activists might not be happy with the wearing of fur and leather, people can not let them dictate what is and is not allowed.

• No not really.

We do not need to ban fur and leather but they should probably ban the act of hunting and killings animals just for the fur and leather. I feel like if you are going to kill an animal for food than you should use as much as it as possible to give meaning to its life.

• Humans evolved as a predatory species.

Regardless of what you think, humans have been predatory for as long as they have been human. If someone wants to eat meat or use leather products, they can. I'm not saying I support using leather and fur in every situation, but the decision of whether or not to manufacture/buy products with these materials goes down to the individual. You can disapprove of it, try to boycott it, suggest other materials, and feel proud thinking you have somehow transcended the natural order, but put a large-scale ban on it? No!

• Fur yes leather no!

My family has been in the shoe industry for the last 70 years, we especially in comfort shoes for diabetics, and elder people. We have sold some synthetic shoes, but as today, synthetic can't equal soft leather, it just doesn't breathe or adjust to your feet as real leather. Overall we just couldn't sell any synthetic shoes for this purpose cause costumers return synthetic shoes almost all the time. So we still selling leather, until there's a synthetic product that can compete with leather, we will be selling leather shoes.