Do you believe it is justifiable for the LPGA to require members to speak English?

• Yes it is justifiable for the LPGA to require members to speak English.

Since the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) is the oldest United States (US) based women’s sports league and is dependent on US based companies for the majority of its tournament sponsorship it is imperative that those English speaking sponsors be able to understand communications taking place during LPGA events and matches. Without English being spoken at event the LPGA will lose many of primary sponorships.

• Bend to organizational rules if you want to be a member of them.

It is fully justifiable for the LPGA to require members to speak English. The game has a European origin to begin with. But more so, the LPGA is an American association, so why should they have to change to bend the rules to appease other nationalities. People need to bend to the rules of organizations if they want to be members.

• An American Organization

I believe it is justifiable for the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) to require members to speak English. The LPGA is an American organization and America is based in the English language. I believe it could change policy and require non-speaking players to provide their own translators, which I feel would work well.

• No, America is a melting pot

No, it is not justifiable for the LPGA to require members to speak English. America is a country that prides itself on diversity and multiculturalism. Many languages are spoken in America, not just English. Therefore, it seems wrong that an organization should deny someone membership simply because they do not speak English. Also, America doesn't have an official language. English may be the most widely spoken language in America but it is not actually the official language of the country. Being that the case, I see no reason why one should have to speak English to join the LPGA or any other American organization.

• No, that is not good sportsmanship.

The LPGA should focus on the skill level of the tournament entrants and drawing a viewing audience. If there are non-English speaking golfers, then they need to provide an interpreter. I do not think it is justifiable for them to require members to speak English. That is rather discriminatory and definitely not sportsman like.