Do you believe it is justifiable to watch without reaction, the peaceful protesters in Turkey being attacked by police with chemical weapons?

• Little can be done

Turkey is a far off place, and the average individual in America can do very little in regards to improving the situation. That they have seen it on the television does not make them culpable or responsible. It is better to know these are going on than for them to be entirely censored. The police attackers are the bad guys here.

• It is horrible to see things like that.

I think if governments are going to get involved with what happens in other countries that would be the type of thing they should say something about. However, Uganda, Russia, Turkey, and many other nations are currently doing harmful things to the people there. One nation, or a group of nations, can't police the world, nor should they. The people in the nations should say something about the governments, or ask for help.

• No, it is unacceptable to allow this treatment of protestors to continue.

As a liberal, Turkish-born and American-raised female, I am deeply disturbed by the treatment of protesters. Over thepast few years, Turkey has regressed in terms of the rights of the people and younger individuals across the country are rightfully upset by these changes. They are being fair in their approach and should be communicated with in the same civil manner that they are protesting. If this treatment continues, I believe that others should impose sanctions on Turkey to stop this treatment.

• No, it's not justifiable to watch without reaction peaceful protesters be attacked.

I think that while the protesters in Turkey are being peaceful, it is still the right of the law enforcement official to deal with them how they see fit. But regardless of which side you agree with, it is difficult to watch what's going on without any type of reaction. I think it is only natural.

• Take a stand

It would be improper to leap to violent action, but we would accept attacks on the citizens of Turkey by our own government because we try to maintain Turkey as a strategic ally. All this does is make us hypocrites for having invaded other countries for doing the exact same thing.