Do you believe it right for the United States to restrict free speech?

• The US does not restrict free speech.

This idea that speech is somehow restricted in the US is misguided. There are certain things that you cannot say in certain places. That is true. If you count screaming obscene phrases outside of a school yard as free speech, then you do not understand the basic morality required for a civil social existance. We have a responsibility to act within some rudimentary rules of conduct. People often want to gain attention, so they break these rules, like children often do. Grow up, and use the proper forums to address whatever it is you want to address. Aside from that, you are free to say whatever you want, but there may be consequences.

• Had freedom of speech since birth its not a matter of is it right its a matter of they cant and wont I will speak

The government has no authority over me there fear control wont work on us we embrace death imprisonment or torture so how are you going to stop me from doing anything you wont you cant and I can prove it so suck my dick you whack ass government cock suckers

• Freedom of speech is a fundamental right

Freedom of speech is one of the fundamental rights of being an American. You simply cannot have a free society in which people are not allowed to express their views without fear of repercussion. This right was so important to our founding fathers that they made it the first Amendment to the United States Constitution.

• Words are More Important Than Weapons

Just as strongly as people fight for their rights to bear arms, people should fight to maintain their right to free speech. The first amendment states that "Congress should make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press." Our forefathers realized that was a power in words to change worlds and we should never restrict that power.

• The United States Congress cannot abridge the freedom of speech.

Companies and families may have different views about this issue, but it is a foundational issue of the U.S. that one cannot be prosecuted for one's speech no matter the content. It is not a right in the U.S. that one is entitled to shielding from the consequences of one's speech. If no one will higher you because you say nasty things, that is not an abridgement of your speech rights.

• No, It Is Not

I do not believe it is right for the United States to restrict free speech. It is obvious that the United States has been restricting free speech and it's been happening far more often than it should be. Free speech is suppose to be guaranteed to the American public, but it is no longer being upheld.