Do you believe it should free to use public transit services?

• No, I don't think it should be free to use public transit services.

I think public transit should be low cost so everyone can access it but I do believe those who utilize the service should have to pay to keep it running, if we made it free then more taxpayer funds would have to be used on the transit system punishing those who don't end up using it.

• Should Be Low Cost

No, I do not believe it should be free to use public transit services. I believe if it is possible for these services to offer free rides in the urban core then they absolutely should, but these services should be low-cost, not free. In order to provide these services for free, local taxes would have to increase and that means everyone would have to foot the bill. Many people don't use these services, so that doesn't seem like a fair way to pay for the service.

• Make Riders Pay For Services

Although governments should support capital projects and operations for public transit systems, the users who enjoy the services should have to at least partially support the system as well. Fares should be structured such that they raise revenue for the system, but do not discriminate against individual's abilities to pay the fares.

• It should not be free to use public transit services.

It should not be free to use public transit services. I think that it should not be as much as it is now but they do have to pay for gas and a driver so I do see why the expenses are there. If we relied on just taxes to take care of it, those would go up to.

• No, public transit shouldn't be free.

I do not think that public transit should be free. I think that people who want to use the bus or train should still have to pay a fee to do so. To keep something like public transit in operation requries a lot of money. And tax payers shouldn't have to be solely responsible for it.