Do you believe it would be better to cancel all world debt and start over again?

• Yes it would

Yes, I do think it would be better to just get rid off all the debt of the countries of the world, and completely start back over. This would help since the debt that we have today in this country is so high that we can never pay it off.

• Yes, it would.

If we were to cancel all world debt and start over again, there would be no mess to clean up and no lost time to make up for. The board would be wiped clean and, if we learned from our pasts, we wouldn't make these same sorts of mistakes again.

• Can We Do That?

I would personally love to see the canceling of all world debt so we can simply start over again, but I don't see that happening and it doesn't seem like a viable option. Loans are created under the guise that they'll be paid back and that's the case regardless of who the entities are, so a clean slate seems like it would only be supported by the those in debt.

• F credit rating for the planet?

This is ridiculous. If every debt on the planet was simply cancelled no creditor would ever want to loan money again. Not to mention the fact that it would be completely unjust to the people who currently own that debt. They did their part by loaning the money, they deserve to be compensated. If you don't like debt don't borrow money. It's that simple. And if you want your government debt to go away, vote for candidates with plans to repay the debt rather than making it worse. Stop wishing on a star and focus on real numbers.

Posted by: SM29
  • No, it would not be better to cancel world debt and start over

Canceling world debt and starting over would accomplish nothing. Countries who have accumulated massive amounts of debt would just begin doing it all over again, because there would have been nothing learned from the effort it took to eliminate the debt. And it would definitely be unfair to the countries holding the debt who got nothing.

• No, I do not believe it would be better to cancel all world debt.

No, I do not believe it would be better to cancel all world debt and start over again. It is important for nations, and people, to learn from the mistakes we have made to get ourselves into debt in the first place. If all debt is erased there will be no consequences and it wont be long before we're back in debt again.