Do you believe it would be better to widen law enforcements power to stop and search people?

• No it would not better for the US to broaden "stop and frisk" powers of police.

The Fourth Amendment of the Constitution of the United States protects everyone from "against unreasonable searches and seizures." Police officers already pretty lenient restraint in conducting so called "stop and frisk" searches already, to broaden those powers even more would pretty much strip the 4th Amendment of any turn meaning.

• Its our right

No, one of the rights that we have in this country is be free from illegal searches from the cops here on our streets in the United States. I think that the public out cry would be to large to try to make it legal to search people without warrants.

• No It Wouldn't

I believe law enforcement already encroaches upon peoples lives in ways they shouldn't, so I don't think it would be better to widen law enforcements power to stop and search people. I believe this supports a police state where people will be more apt to fear their government. I certainly don't support this.

• No, it would not be better

I think that widening law enforcements power to stop and search people would be detrimental to all people. It gives police an unjust amount of power to treat anyone they want as a criminal, in my opinion. It may even make the bias that is present in law enforcement even worse.

• I do not.

I do not believe it would be better to widen law enforcements power to stop and search people. This would create a lot of issues and effect many people who have not done anything wrong. This would hurt a lot more people then it would be stopping any of the criminals.